Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
16-08-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Currently watching a film called Colin. I'm only halfway through it. Been not bad so far.
Its a low budget film shot using a camcorder.

Its unusual in that it shows things from the point of view of a zombie as he walks around London during a zombie apocalypse.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2012, 09:35 PM
(16-08-2012 10:26 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Hahah I didn't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen it. Mainly because it was nothing at all like I expected.

Re-watch it sober dude.

Ok, re-watched it. I was still high, just decided to pay better attention this time.
I have decided to move it from 2 Netflix stars to 3 Netflix. Mostly because I want more action movies suggested by Netflix. The story isn't too bad. The driving scenes are pretty cool. The music sucks and the title credits look like they were using MiamiVice Font. I think what keeps this from being epic is it's sooooooo damn slow. For a movie called Drive, it doesn't go very fast.

And a technical complaint...the dialog was so quiet I had to crank the volume. The music and car engines were on the opposite end of the spectrum, however. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-08-2012, 09:37 PM
(16-08-2012 06:40 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Currently watching a film called Colin. I'm only halfway through it. Been not bad so far.
Its a low budget film shot using a camcorder.

Its unusual in that it shows things from the point of view of a zombie as he walks around London during a zombie apocalypse.

Cool, this is streaming on Netflix so I'll give it a try. Camcorder movies bug me, though. Cloverfield made me so nauseous that I had to keep my eyes closed for a lot of the film. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Boy Wonder.
This film surprised me. I thought it was going to be some sort of cheap assed tv version of a bad copy of Kickass. There actually is a pretty good story with an interesting character or two. Gave it 3 out of 5 Netflix stars. Not awesome, but I liked it. Thumbsup

~Izel
18-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Watched the new "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" with Gary Oldman last night.

Excellent cast, the mood of the piece was true, BUT it suffered from not being able to tell a complex story in the time allotted. If I hadn't read the book or seen the BBC series with Alec Guinness, I would have had a hard time following it.

The BBC series was 7 parts, about 6 hours. And it had Sir Alec.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-08-2012, 08:31 AM
(18-08-2012 06:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  Watched the new "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" with Gary Oldman last night.

Excellent cast, the mood of the piece was true, BUT it suffered from not being able to tell a complex story in the time allotted. If I hadn't read the book or seen the BBC series with Alec Guinness, I would have had a hard time following it.

The BBC series was 7 parts, about 6 hours. And it had Sir Alec.

I liked it as well. I didn't know there was a BBC series. Obiwan Kenobi would make a good spy. Thumbsup

~Izel
18-08-2012, 08:40 AM
(18-08-2012 08:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I liked it as well. I didn't know there was a BBC series. Obiwan Kenobi would make a good spy. Thumbsup

It is a very old series (I remember it when I was young). A quick Google says that it was 1979, 5 years after the publication of the book. It will be very dated, watching it now (more so than the film).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2012, 08:45 AM
(18-08-2012 08:40 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 08:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I liked it as well. I didn't know there was a BBC series. Obiwan Kenobi would make a good spy. Thumbsup

It is a very old series (I remember it when I was young). A quick Google says that it was 1979, 5 years after the publication of the book. It will be very dated, watching it now (more so than the film).

Oh. Thanks for the warning. It would be like going back and watching old Dr. Who episodes. Quaint and all, but I'd rather watch the updated version.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I recently watched the Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood series (after reading the manga like a year or two a go). I liked it way better than the OVA (cuz I read the manga, duh), so I may be a tad biased.

But this was awesome. 5/5 biatches. Characters were compelling, plot was identical to the manga, and the voice acting was amazing.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
18-08-2012, 09:12 AM
(18-08-2012 08:45 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 08:40 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  It is a very old series (I remember it when I was young). A quick Google says that it was 1979, 5 years after the publication of the book. It will be very dated, watching it now (more so than the film).

Oh. Thanks for the warning. It would be like going back and watching old Dr. Who episodes. Quaint and all, but I'd rather watch the updated version.

I remember the the Beeb version most vividly. I read all Le Carre novels after that. Loved 'em. Especially the Smiley trilogy.

I saw it again around 6 years ago (DVD) and it didn't look dated, it was more like a period piece.

I agree with the review of the movie too. Nice attempt in the limited timeframe. Better than most attempts to get his novels on the big screen.... of which Russia House was probably the best and Constant Gardener also not bad.