Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-06-2017, 05:23 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(10-06-2017 05:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Life.

7/10. Pretty good. Dat ending though.

Got that Blu-ray in the "to see" stack. Doesn't seem urgent.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Wonder Woman

[Image: giphy.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2017, 03:07 AM
Wołyń - movie about ethnic cleansing in Volhynia. Was good though it made my blood boil sometimes.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
11-06-2017, 03:28 AM
Logan

I got summoned to Perth on Wednesday so got a rare chance to catch a big screen movie on a tiny screen.

30 or so trailers... only a couple that looked like they had potential.

This had Patrick Stewart (quality Shakespearean actor) and Stephen Merchant (who's usually good for a laugh) and the trailer looked suitably dark and dystopian for my taste. And Huge Ackman can usually be relied upon not to fuck up too badly.

It started well... and a few minutes in I realised that this was an X-Men derivative. I think I knew that but I'd forgotten. And it wasn't long before I realised that there wasn't going to be a back-story... so the question became: could this work as a stand-alone for someone who had no context for the characters?

Apart from some confusing stuff like the ground shaking and people freezing when Patrick Stewart had a seizure, the answer was yes. Good job. Fine acting, reasonable script and artwork.

But sadly the final third was weak. It went all hero-archetype a la Mad Max. Pity.

5/10

Oh and one of the delegates on the course in Perth was called Logan. Which must be a sign or something. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-06-2017, 03:37 AM
The Mummy was a mummy movie. Could have used Brandon Frazier for some laughs. 6/10
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
11-06-2017, 04:25 AM
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2

Had enough fun, I saw it twice. Also, Dave Bautista (Drax) may be the most criminally underrated part of that franchise.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
11-06-2017, 04:29 AM
(11-06-2017 04:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2

Had enough fun, I saw it twice. Also, Dave Bautista (Drax) may be the most criminally underrated part of that franchise.

Wrestlers need some acting skills to build their persona. Get good at it and you're spotted for a possible movie part.
11-06-2017, 01:20 PM
(11-06-2017 03:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Mummy was a mummy movie. Could have used Brandon Frazier for some laughs. 6/10

This is by far the most positive review the Mummy 2017 has received. Most call it not a movie but a pitch for a decidedly bad Universe.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-06-2017, 04:32 PM
The Mummy 4/10

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
11-06-2017, 05:00 PM
(11-06-2017 01:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 03:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Mummy was a mummy movie. Could have used Brandon Frazier for some laughs. 6/10

This is by far the most positive review the Mummy 2017 has received. Most call it not a movie but a pitch for a decidedly bad Universe.
I went expecting the 17% it was getting on Rotten Tomatoes. I had fun so I was kinder. I've seen far worse.