Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-06-2017, 08:49 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I haven't seen​ the newer Mummy, but tell me if I have the plot right.

People unearth Mummy.
Mummy doesn't like being unearthed.
Mummy tries to kill everyone & take over the world.
Tom Cruise puts a stop to all that mess by doing something so crazy, it just might work.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2017, 09:35 PM
(11-06-2017 08:49 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I haven't seen​ the newer Mummy, but tell me if I have the plot right.

People unearth Mummy.
Tom Cruise puts a stop to all that mess by doing something so crazy, it just might work.

Nope, you'd think that but nope.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Splinter - M. Night Shamalangadingdong tries to do Ubermensch with a little gratuitous incest thrown in because there's something wrong with him and it turns out pretty much like you'd expect. 3/10 for embarrassing the horse that Nietszche was making out with in the street.

#sigh
12-06-2017, 12:29 AM
(11-06-2017 09:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 08:49 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I haven't seen​ the newer Mummy, but tell me if I have the plot right.

People unearth Mummy.

Nope, you'd think that but nope.

Indeed, that sounds fun. However the new film is a no-fun-zone, from what I've heard.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-06-2017, 12:08 PM
It's a little bit funny. You just can't take it seriously, at all.

The title ought to be -
Mission impossible: The mummy and the league of extraordinary gentlemen returns

Much like fast&furious or triple X, it's basically a cartoon cast with real people.
12-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Wonder Woman, 9.5/10. Hands down the best DC superhero(ine) movie ever made. Perfect pacing, wonderful acting, a Hans Zimmer-esque score, and engaging storyline. Gadot simply stole the show. More spoilery thoughts below:

Ares monologue to Diana was quite well written and delivered. "I never made them do anything, I just whispered ideas to them: formulas, weapons. They do it all on their own." Sometimes I write urban fantasy, usually under NaNoWriMo, and this is almost verbatim what I've had Lucifer say before. Gods and demons can't make mortals do anything, mortals are capable of the greatest of evils all on their own.

Also...she kills a god. I have to admit, they threw me with the identity of Ares. I didn't think it was the General, too obvious, but didn't expect Sir Patrick.

Been in a bit of morose mood of late anyhow, so I cried a few tears toward the end of the film. Friends gathered in mourning as everyone around them celebrates. Newspapers being waved, "Great War is over!" splashed across them...but we all know how it ends, only an armistice, with the hearts of men turning once more to bloodshed in a mere two decades hence. The Great War, the War to End All Wars, is merely the precursor to the savagery yet to come.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
12-06-2017, 02:06 PM
I did enjoy "The Belco Experiment" yesterday and give it a 6.5/10, which is pretty generous for an action/horror hybrid flick ("average/mediocre" is 5.0 to me).
12-06-2017, 03:34 PM
I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

8/10 for the entertainment value, for the backstory reveals, and for tying up loose ends.

6/10 for an inventive but over-elaborated and marginally coherent story. It was better than the 4th installment at least.

They could end the franchise with this one if they wanted.
13-06-2017, 12:04 AM
(12-06-2017 03:34 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  They could end the franchise with this one if they wanted.

They won't. They'll end it when it's a shambling corpse from which not a drop more profit can be extracted.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-06-2017, 02:44 AM
(12-06-2017 12:47 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Wonder Woman, 9.5/10. Hands down the best DC superhero(ine) movie ever made. Perfect pacing, wonderful acting, a Hans Zimmer-esque score, and engaging storyline. Gadot simply stole the show. More spoilery thoughts below:

Ares monologue to Diana was quite well written and delivered. "I never made them do anything, I just whispered ideas to them: formulas, weapons. They do it all on their own." Sometimes I write urban fantasy, usually under NaNoWriMo, and this is almost verbatim what I've had Lucifer say before. Gods and demons can't make mortals do anything, mortals are capable of the greatest of evils all on their own.

Also...she kills a god. I have to admit, they threw me with the identity of Ares. I didn't think it was the General, too obvious, but didn't expect Sir Patrick.

Been in a bit of morose mood of late anyhow, so I cried a few tears toward the end of the film. Friends gathered in mourning as everyone around them celebrates. Newspapers being waved, "Great War is over!" splashed across them...but we all know how it ends, only an armistice, with the hearts of men turning once more to bloodshed in a mere two decades hence. The Great War, the War to End All Wars, is merely the precursor to the savagery yet to come.

I admit I shed a few tears as well during the latter moments of the movie. I'm getting old and emotional it seems but I did shed a fair few.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!