Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
13-06-2017, 07:00 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(12-06-2017 12:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 09:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Nope, you'd think that but nope.

Indeed, that sounds fun. However the new film is a no-fun-zone, from what I've heard.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2017, 07:05 AM
(13-06-2017 07:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 12:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed, that sounds fun. However the new film is a no-fun-zone, from what I've heard.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!?

I think somebody has their wires crossed there, but generally:

New "The Mummy" = Bad

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
13-06-2017, 08:14 AM
No, EK has used this "that movie isn't 'fun' enough" before.
Like what does it even mean? A movie is "fun" and how does that make it good or not? Is a movie instantly bad because there's no humor or something? Not enough pretty colours? I don't get what "fun" means in relation to movies.

13-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Eeeeeh, I don't know to be honest.

For me something that is "fun", when it comes to movies, is something coherent enough for me to follow, yet just a bit of a "romp", like people running about/jokes/action/other stuff you can watch and just turn your brain off.

The 90's version of The Mummy is a good example of this. Whilst the new one can't decide what type of movie it is, from what I've read anyway, and is a blatant set up for this new "Dark Universe" thing they are trying to make happen.

Fun Fact: Dracula Untold was supposed to be the start of the Dark Universe, but was so garbage they said "yeah that's not part of it...get me Tom Cruise and all the
Hollywood people...and my cheque book". Apparently the latest The Mummy is about as good as the aforementioned dracula garbage movie as well.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
22-06-2017, 02:18 PM
One that's a few years old. The movie is called Hysteria. The story of the inventor of the first vibrator. Funny comedy.

All hail Dr. Mortimer Granville.

[Image: congratulations-youve-been-selected-to-p...032469.png]

Note: Above meme is not part of the movie.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
23-06-2017, 04:40 AM
Rewatched:

Shaun of The Dead and it's still really well put together, well written by Pegg/Frost and Directed by Edgar Wright, who might just be on favourite director.

Surprised by how long it's been since it came out, (2004...13 years! shocking), and how well it still holds up. Might re-watch the others in the 'series' as well Smile

[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
23-06-2017, 05:18 AM
(23-06-2017 04:40 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Rewatched:

Shaun of The Dead and it's still really well put together, well written by Pegg/Frost and Directed by Edgar Wright, who might just be on favourite director.

Surprised by how long it's been since it came out, (2004...13 years! shocking), and how well it still holds up. Might re-watch the others in the 'series' as well Smile

I keep waiting for Frost to reprise the role of "Mudd" on the Star Trek movies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
25-06-2017, 08:02 AM
Manchester By The Sea

I really like it, 9.5/10. I was expecting the fairy book ending but.. nope. But I really liked it more because it didn't have it, because it left everything sorta.. unwrapped up. It was a far more accurate depiction of life than typical Hollywood movies. Showing that life isn't always a fairy book movie, shit happens and not everything goes how you want it too or is planned. Some things are broken and remain broken.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-06-2017, 09:10 PM
And I'm now officially out of shit to watch.
No shows and no movies. I even rewatched all the Hobbit and LoTR movies...
Even watched some of my ehhh South Korean movies I was putting off watching. The Host, by the way, so not a 6.7 or whatever IMDB gave it.

26-06-2017, 12:24 AM
I've been going old school lately, been re-watching films from days gone by, and with "asteroid day" (June 30th) coming up I'm trending more apocalyptic.

Started with "They live" - still a good movie.

Then "The day after" - I remember when they first aired this on television when I was barely a teen...scared the mother loving shit outta me! Was a deeply depressing movie at the time, after re-watching it now and knowing what we know now about nuclear war...it almost feels like an optimistic outcome. Sadcryface

Gonna save "Deep Impact", "Red Dawn" (the original, the remake was just stupid), & "Dr. Strangelove" for June 30th, in the mean time I'm going to re-watch "28 days later"

Any suggestions for good apocalypse movies are welcome, I don't much care about the "graphics" just a good story line. Black & white would be a plus Shy

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard