Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-06-2017, 12:28 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(23-06-2017 05:18 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(23-06-2017 04:40 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Rewatched:

Shaun of The Dead and it's still really well put together, well written by Pegg/Frost and Directed by Edgar Wright, who might just be on favourite director.

Surprised by how long it's been since it came out, (2004...13 years! shocking), and how well it still holds up. Might re-watch the others in the 'series' as well Smile

I keep waiting for Frost to reprise the role of "Mudd" on the Star Trek movies.

Shaun of the dead is still in my top ten list of movies. A "Mudd" cameo on the new up coming trek series would be cool too...

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
26-06-2017, 03:11 AM
Beetlejuice Picked this up over the weekend for my daughter to watch, [she randomly loves dark movies like this], and was suprised to see A) how funny/dark it still is and B) how much random swearing there is in it lol. "HEY, NICE FUCKING MODEL!", how do I not remember that? Stupid, random, hilarious and all round still an awesome movie Smile

Also side note:Whilst I know now, for many years I didn't know it was Michael Keaton, who I mainly associated with Batman as a kid. When I found out it was the same guy when I was a teen, it legit blew my mind lol.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Transformers: The Last Knight: 2/5 Boring Bay-splosion film. Dialogue is wooden throughout, one character exists solely to provide exposition, and every female character is (as typical for the franchise) sexualized and objectified. Including a scene where a horn dog boy is hitting on a 14 year old girl with purely sexual intent.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-06-2017, 12:11 PM
(25-06-2017 09:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And I'm now officially out of shit to watch.
No shows and no movies. I even rewatched all the Hobbit and LoTR movies...
Even watched some of my ehhh South Korean movies I was putting off watching. The Host, by the way, so not a 6.7 or whatever IMDB gave it.

Train to Busan?
27-06-2017, 01:04 PM
(27-06-2017 11:41 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Transformers: The Last Knight: 2/5 Boring Bay-splosion film. Dialogue is wooden throughout, one character exists solely to provide exposition, and every female character is (as typical for the franchise) sexualized and objectified. Including a scene where a horn dog boy is hitting on a 14 year old girl with purely sexual intent.

I've read a couple reviews which stated the movie is actually incomprehensible.

Is the "one character [who] exists solely to provide exposition" played by Anthony Hopkins? His voice and gravitas are usually good for that kind of role.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
27-06-2017, 01:35 PM
(27-06-2017 01:04 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 11:41 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Transformers: The Last Knight: 2/5 Boring Bay-splosion film. Dialogue is wooden throughout, one character exists solely to provide exposition, and every female character is (as typical for the franchise) sexualized and objectified. Including a scene where a horn dog boy is hitting on a 14 year old girl with purely sexual intent.

I've read a couple reviews which stated the movie is actually incomprehensible.

Is the "one character [who] exists solely to provide exposition" played by Anthony Hopkins? His voice and gravitas are usually good for that kind of role.

You guessed him right away! The only time he does something non-exposition-y is spoilerific. But every other time he shows up he just goes, "Let me explain more of our disjointed plot to you and fill in backstory that in a movie should be shown instead of told". Not sure I'd say incomprehensible...but...not sure I wouldn't either. I've seen all of the Transformers movies so far (even the first cartoon one where Optimus dying was a shock rather than a worn out trope), and this was definitely the weakest. And I say that as someone whose eyes nearly rolled all the way into the back of his head in the last installment where we literally used lines about the People's Liberation Army like "Do not fear, the Central Government will protect you."

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
27-06-2017, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2017 08:29 PM by epronovost.)

Pretty much the same opinion, I saw the movie yesterday. I especially liked the big rallying speech of Optimus Prime that is followed by him leaving his troops behind because only he can fly without transportation (don't you love it when generals abandon their troops half a second after the big speech?). I didn't found the plot confusing, than again I didn't care much about the plot...or the human character, I paid to see giant robot beat the shit out of each other and there wasn't enough of that.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
27-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Korean WWII movie about Yang Kyoungjong.

Worth watching, and quite a D-Day finalé.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
27-06-2017, 09:04 PM

The single biggest problem with these movies is Michael Bay hates the source material. Every problem stems from that. Transformers has some really cool stories between the various cartoons and the IDW comics but Bay hates all of it and unless he is forced to do something, like bring in the Dinobots, he would rather tell this nonsensical Ancient Aliens story and shoehorn it in a franchise that already has better lore. The Robot design is shit, the writing is shit, the cinematography is shit, and all because Bay does not care about Transformers.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
27-06-2017, 09:45 PM
(27-06-2017 08:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Korean WWII movie about Yang Kyoungjong.

Worth watching, and quite a D-Day finalé.

That looks like a brilliant movie, I'll have to add it to my wish list.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard