Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
28-06-2017, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2017 03:54 AM by earmuffs.)
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(27-06-2017 12:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 09:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And I'm now officially out of shit to watch.
No shows and no movies. I even rewatched all the Hobbit and LoTR movies...
Even watched some of my ehhh South Korean movies I was putting off watching. The Host, by the way, so not a 6.7 or whatever IMDB gave it.

Train to Busan?

Ooo I actually forgot about that one, thanks. Downloading now.
Downloading Yak's WW2 South Korean movie too. Most South Korean war films seem to focus on the Korean War (obviously) so their take on WW2 shall be interesting.
Plus, it's always nice to watch a war movie that isn't just 'Murica! 'Murica! 'Murica!

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2017, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2017 03:17 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(28-06-2017 03:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 12:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Train to Busan?

Downloading Yak's WW2 South Korean movie too. Most South Korean war films seem to focus on the Korean War (obviously) so their take on WW2 shall be interesting.
Plus, it's always nice to watch a war movie that isn't just 'Murica! 'Murica! 'Murica!

Try looking for anything about Admiral Yi Sun-sin, that nation's greatest military hero.

Here's a crash course on the dude's history and amazing legacy. He almost single handedly saved Korea from collapse at the hands of invading Samurai from Japan. He is considered by many to be one of the best, if not the best, naval commanders in human history.

This is just part 1 of 5, the man's life is an amazing story.

There is a 2014 film called The Admiral: Roaring Currents, which revolves around the events of the Battle of Myeongnyang. This film surpassed James Cameron's Avatar to become the most watched film in South Korea.

http://www.cj-entertainment.com/movie/th...-currents/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-06-2017, 08:28 AM
(29-06-2017 03:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 03:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ooo I actually forgot about that one, thanks. Downloading now.

Try looking for anything about Admiral Yi Sun-sin, that nation's greatest military hero.

Here's a crash course on the dude's history and amazing legacy. He almost single handedly saved Korea from collapse at the hands of invading Samurai from Japan. He is considered by many to be one of the best, if not the best, naval commanders in human history.

This is just part 1 of 5, the man's life is an amazing story.

There is a 2014 film called The Admiral: Roaring Currents, which revolves around the events of the Battle of Myeongnyang. This film surpassed James Cameron's Avatar to become the most watched film in South Korea.

http://www.cj-entertainment.com/movie/th...-currents/

I know all about Admiral Yi son. You don't need to school me on history. Tongue Smartass
And there is a pretty good SK film about him, The Admiral I think it's called? or the Korean equivalent.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-06-2017, 09:39 AM
EK thanks for introducing to me to that channel. So goooood Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-06-2017, 10:11 AM
(28-06-2017 03:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 12:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Train to Busan?

Yongary.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2017, 10:42 AM
(30-06-2017 08:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I know all about Admiral Yi son. You don't need to school me on history. Tongue Smartass
And there is a pretty good SK film about him, The Admiral I think it's called? or the Korean equivalent.

Yeah, no shit dude, my post had a link to that movie's website. Rolleyes

30-06-2017, 10:43 AM
(30-06-2017 09:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  EK thanks for introducing to me to that channel. So goooood Smile

It's so good, one of my favorite, and has been for years.

Plus, if you want to learn about games, it's one of the web's best sources for a crash course on a given topic.

30-06-2017, 07:25 PM
This movie had the worse trailer ever. Trailer convinced me even LIAM NEESON could even sell his soul for a simple money shoot.

How soooo NOT true!!

While visiting my brother, he convinced me to sit and watch this perceived cheesey production.
Oh how wrong this impression is. This is an awesome sci-fi flick.

NOTHING BEATS KICKING SOME BAD MF'er ALIEN ASS!

Make yourself watch this if you too have had the same (wrong) impression. You will be happy you did.

5 out of five .
This is a fun, kicking alien ass, movie!Thumbsup

You have to be odd to be #1.
03-07-2017, 12:32 PM
(30-06-2017 07:25 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  This movie had the worse trailer ever. Trailer convinced me even LIAM NEESON could even sell his soul for a simple money shoot.

How soooo NOT true!!

While visiting my brother, he convinced me to sit and watch this perceived cheesey production.
Oh how wrong this impression is. This is an awesome sci-fi flick.

NOTHING BEATS KICKING SOME BAD MF'er ALIEN ASS!

Make yourself watch this if you too have had the same (wrong) impression. You will be happy you did.

5 out of five .
This is a fun, kicking alien ass, movie!Thumbsup

This would be a wee bit more useful if you included the name of the movie.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Wonder Woman: 9/10

Story was very good. Didn't know too much about Wonder Woman's backstory, so it was nice to learn more. Also liked that it was set during WWI, not many movies are. Chris Pine and Robin Wright were good, and Gal Gadot was excellent.

The only thing I didn't really like was that they made the Germans feel a little Nazi-ish. Kind of hard to explain but it felt like everyone was playing a typical Nazi from a WWII movie. (Not that I really know what a WWI German would have been like I guess)

Cheers
TheBeardedDude

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick