Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
03-07-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(03-07-2017 12:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 07:25 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  This movie had the worse trailer ever. Trailer convinced me even LIAM NEESON could even sell his soul for a simple money shoot.

How soooo NOT true!!

While visiting my brother, he convinced me to sit and watch this perceived cheesey production.
Oh how wrong this impression is. This is an awesome sci-fi flick.

NOTHING BEATS KICKING SOME BAD MF'er ALIEN ASS!

Make yourself watch this if you too have had the same (wrong) impression. You will be happy you did.

5 out of five .
This is a fun, kicking alien ass, movie!Thumbsup

This would be a wee bit more useful if you included the name of the movie.

Big Grin

LOL! Well dropping the name LIAM NEESON was not meant to be a hint actually.
Battleship is the movie.
Big Grin

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 02:28 AM by Oaken.)
Berlin Syndrome
I just watched this. It said it was a really riveting, tense movie. Well, it was. The music was an interesting choice. It gave it depth and a sense of mystery. I recommend it.    

Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 76 percent.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/berlin_syndrome/

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2017, 04:08 AM
(03-07-2017 12:45 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Wonder Woman: 9/10

Story was very good. Didn't know too much about Wonder Woman's backstory, so it was nice to learn more. Also liked that it was set during WWI, not many movies are. Chris Pine and Robin Wright were good, and Gal Gadot was excellent.

The only thing I didn't really like was that they made the Germans feel a little Nazi-ish. Kind of hard to explain but it felt like everyone was playing a typical Nazi from a WWII movie. (Not that I really know what a WWI German would have been like I guess)

Cheers
TheBeardedDude
"Ludendorff" was pretty much the only German we heard anything from. Dr. Poison was just part of the gimmick.

In reality Ludendorff was Hindenburg's right hand man. When I did the transparency that showed them together for the WWI class I captioned it "Hindenburg and long time companion Ludendorff". So historically he would have been one of the men sitting at the table, not the break-away guy.

One nit that must be picked, for an old sailor and naval historian: Schwaben was a pre-dreadnought battleship. The ship in the movie was a Breslau-class light cruiser.

And I've seen it three times now with Boss Lady. Cool
05-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Blazing Saddles

I have a strange love for this movie.

For years I thought it was just some silly comedy that was some sort of product of its time, and was basically a film promoting racism. It's only in later years I discovered it's the exact opposite of that. Whilst there are plenty of N words flung left, right and center, it is done so to the detriment of the white folk saying it in the first place, making them look like prize idiots through out.

In this movie, it's very clear who is the smart guy in the room (Bart) and who are the stereo-typical southern "slack jaw yokels", who are just massive morons (pretty much everybody else). Accompanied by the legend that is Gene Wilder, and you've got one top to bottom funny movie. It's got a bit of everything in there; slapstick/out right jokes/dry humour and even the odd touching moment as well.

Got to be up there for one of the best comedy's of all time, if not easily in the top ten, i feel.

Highly recommend.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
07-07-2017, 02:59 AM
Adding onto the Cornetto Trilogy re-watch:

Hot Fuzz - Man, what a movie! These three films really are some of the best of the past decade [possibly even longer]. For those that haven't seen it; Top police officer, Nicholas Angel, is sent to a small country town after being top cop in London for many years. And whilst the town itself seems to be nothing but walks in the park and elderly people, it's hiding a dark secret. Top quality jokes along with some very serious parts as well, [The scene where Simon Pegg is trying to explain what he thinks is going on, whilst the local police officers just argue with him, is amazing and genuinely makes me angry as well lol.].

Highly recommend !

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
07-07-2017, 12:21 PM
(07-07-2017 02:59 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Adding onto the Cornetto Trilogy re-watch:

Hot Fuzz - Man, what a movie! These three films really are some of the best of the past decade [possibly even longer]. For those that haven't seen it; Top police officer, Nicholas Angel, is sent to a small country town after being top cop in London for many years. And whilst the town itself seems to be nothing but walks in the park and elderly people, it's hiding a dark secret. Top quality jokes along with some very serious parts as well, [The scene where Simon Pegg is trying to explain what he thinks is going on, whilst the local police officers just argue with him, is amazing and genuinely makes me angry as well lol.].

Highly recommend !

Definitely a fun movie to watch. I loved it. There's some really funny scenes and some really creepy ones too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-07-2017, 10:55 AM
(05-07-2017 08:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Blazing Saddles

For years I thought it was just some silly comedy that was some sort of product of its time, and was basically a film promoting racism. It's only in later years I discovered it's the exact opposite of that. Whilst there are plenty of N words flung left, right and center, it is done so to the detriment of the white folk saying it in the first place, making them look like prize idiots through out.

In this movie, it's very clear who is the smart guy in the room (Bart) and who are the stereo-typical southern "slack jaw yokels", who are just massive morons (pretty much everybody else). Accompanied by the legend that is Gene Wilder, and you've got one top to bottom funny movie. It's got a bit of everything in there; slapstick/out right jokes/dry humour and even the odd touching moment as well.

Got to be up there for one of the best comedy's of all time, if not easily in the top ten, i feel.

Highly recommend.

I love that one too. It was the first movie hubby and I pulled up when my new/used netbook came equipped with a free movie service. But I think maybe I still love Young Frankenstein more. Not surprising since of course I lean more toward the bawdy humor like:

What great losses to us all:
Gene Wilder
Madeline Kahn
Marty Feldman
Peter Boyle

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
08-07-2017, 07:34 PM
(05-07-2017 08:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Blazing Saddles

Highly recommend.

Awesome movie. I watched it in theaters last year.

(31-01-2016 07:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I saw Blazing Saddles (1974) on the big screen earlier today. I'm glad my nephew saw it with me. This film is a classic.

[Image: 7Ch91M.jpg]
09-07-2017, 02:08 AM
Just saw Baby Driver, directed by Edgar Wright. Best film I've seen this year. A thrill from start to finish with an awesome soundtrack. 10/10

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
18-07-2017, 04:15 AM
Wonder Women.

Fantastic. Best DC movie yet.

[Image: oscar.png]