Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
30-07-2017, 08:21 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I tried to watch Is Genesis History. After 30 minutes of note taking for the first eight minutes I said "I can't...". 0/5

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Conjuring.. 8 haunting outta ten and a good ghosty film with the still silly catholic exercising stuff involved.

Why again do Demons give a damn if you speak latin to them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
31-07-2017, 04:49 AM
(30-07-2017 08:28 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Conjuring.. 8 haunting outta ten and a good ghosty film with the still silly catholic exercising stuff involved.

Why again do Demons give a damn if you speak latin to them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm always surprised they speak modern english at all. The education section of Hell for young demons sure is efficient.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
01-08-2017, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to call it a good movie, but I absolutely Censored'ing enjoyed it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-08-2017, 03:05 AM
Kung Fu Hustle

I just absolutely Fecking LOVE this movie. I'm a big fan of Asian cinema/General Kung Fu movies, as well as Anime/Manga and all that jazz. This essentially is a live action anime movie, of an anime that doesn't exist. It has all the tropes, along with nods and winks to all hosts of other movies/movie tropes/lines etc, it's just amazing.

The fight choreography is crazy. The fight scenes and overall ideas/concepts for some of the fighting is also amazing. I honestly can't recommend this enough to those who like this sort of thing.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
03-08-2017, 03:35 AM
Worlds End

The final installment in the Cornetto Trilogy, and it's a bloody good one as well, not that they are all good mind you, but this is fantastic.

General plot involves some old school friends reuniting, some under false pretenses, to head back to their home town with the hope of completing the "golden mile" pub crawl. 12 pubs, 1 pint in each, finishing up at "The Worlds End" pub. As they crack on, all is not as it seems and things get a bit.....strange.

Overall, great comedy. Great fight scenes, and a fantastic story all around. I will say that Simon Pegg in particular gives a great performance through out, but really does excel himself during the final few minutes, showing he can be (and is) a great actor.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
03-08-2017, 04:00 AM
Last one for a little bit, so I'll make it a good one...

X-Men: Class
A great reboot of the series overall, and why is this movie first on the list, you might ask? Well because it's the first "chronologically", despite the fact various things don't line up and/or change as the series goes on. This movie is set in the 60's, making it entry number 1 in the timeline. Fassbender/McAvoy are just amazing, with the former being one of my favourite actors as well. His whole arc, plus the ending of this movie, really set up some good things.

Wolverine: Origins
The less said about this movie the better. EXCEPT, it's set in 1979 (the ending is essentially the 3 mile island incident) making it the second chronologically to happen.

X-Men
WELL, this hasn't aged very well. That said, it's not the worst superhero movie out there, and if anything, it's one of the first to attempt to take this in a more serious direction. Plus has good action scenes, and obviously all the actors are awesome in it. If anything it's a product of it's time, and wouldn't be out of place in a spiderman/daredevil/Fantastic four universe, all from around the same sort of time. A fun fact is that there were talks of crossing over Spiderman and X-men at one point, even with a random Spiderman Easter-egg in the deleted scenes of this first movie.

X-Men 2
One of the better X-men movies. Whilst some of the content hasn't aged too well, most of it still looks pretty good. Nightcrawler is just awesome, and the final act of the movie is generally very good as well. Shame some of the actors didn't return for the later movies or got cut early on in part 3, but X2 is pretty good all around. Not a whole lot to say other than give it a watch

X-Men 3
Ok, so this movie gets a bad rap all around I feel. Is it good? Not really. Is it the best of this series, not at all. Is it better than Origins? YES, YES IT IS. SO whats good about it? Well for me, it's just a dumb action movie, with real epic moments, that I can just turn my brain off and watch. Plus in the movie universe, they kind of established their own story-line (rather than direct adaptions) and for me part 3 does culminate of a lot of things they had set up. PLUS Jean is crazy, and Wolverine is awesome in this movie. AAAND I'm a sucker for Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaught as well.

Still got The Wolverine, Days of Future Past and Apocalypse to go (for the ones I own), each in that order (Wolverine is set after X3, DOFP is at first set in the far future....then the past, with it's end presenting an alternate future in which Deadpool and Logan are set in, and Apocalypse is the straight sequel) Smile

07-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Dunkirk 8/10

It was good, but perhaps not as good as I had been led to expect. Two things that bothered me slightly: (1) It was hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys in some of the aerial dogfights. (2) I only understood about half of the dialogue. Some of that may have been the sound system or the acoustics in the theater, but some of it was due to British accents. Oh, and there's a third one, but this is definitely a theater problem rather than a movie problem: The IMAX theater that I went to had reserved seating (you pick your seat when you buy the ticket), but when I entered the theater (note that this was 15 minutes or so before the movie started, so no reason for it to be dark), it was so pitch black in there that I might as well have been blind. I had to feel my way along to avoid running into things, and there was no way to identify "Row G" (my seat was G13). After a few minutes, my eyes adjusted to the point where I could see the rows of seats, but I still couldn't read any markings or anything (assuming there were any markings). I ended up counting the rows from the front, and then counting the seats as I went in. I'm still not sure I got to the right seat, but nobody complained.

Or maybe I'm just getting so old that I'm going blind and deaf. My experience of the movie was probably worse than the movie actually was.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
13-08-2017, 04:24 AM
Ozark.

Netflix you've done it again. Not the best show, but still very good and worth the watch.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-08-2017, 05:44 AM
(07-08-2017 08:25 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Dunkirk 8/10

It was good, but perhaps not as good as I had been led to expect. Two things that bothered me slightly: (1) It was hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys in some of the aerial dogfights. (2) I only understood about half of the dialogue. Some of that may have been the sound system or the acoustics in the theater, but some of it was due to British accents. Oh, and there's a third one, but this is definitely a theater problem rather than a movie problem: The IMAX theater that I went to had reserved seating (you pick your seat when you buy the ticket), but when I entered the theater (note that this was 15 minutes or so before the movie started, so no reason for it to be dark), it was so pitch black in there that I might as well have been blind. I had to feel my way along to avoid running into things, and there was no way to identify "Row G" (my seat was G13). After a few minutes, my eyes adjusted to the point where I could see the rows of seats, but I still couldn't read any markings or anything (assuming there were any markings). I ended up counting the rows from the front, and then counting the seats as I went in. I'm still not sure I got to the right seat, but nobody complained.

Or maybe I'm just getting so old that I'm going blind and deaf. My experience of the movie was probably worse than the movie actually was.

With the aerial battles you just have to recall the layout of the cockpits, especially the position of the altimeters and engine revs indicators. Simple.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user