Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2017, 05:44 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(13-08-2017 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ozark.

Netflix you've done it again. Not the best show, but still very good and worth the watch.

Have you seen the one with seven women sharing one identity?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2017, 03:03 PM
(03-08-2017 03:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Kung Fu Hustle

I just absolutely Fecking LOVE this movie. I'm a big fan of Asian cinema/General Kung Fu movies, as well as Anime/Manga and all that jazz. This essentially is a live action anime movie, of an anime that doesn't exist. It has all the tropes, along with nods and winks to all hosts of other movies/movie tropes/lines etc, it's just amazing.

The fight choreography is crazy. The fight scenes and overall ideas/concepts for some of the fighting is also amazing. I honestly can't recommend this enough to those who like this sort of thing.

I've been a big of Stephen Chow since the late 1990s and early 2000s. I have most of his movies on DVD and VCD. Love on Delivery was the very first Chow movie I saw back in high school. I'm glad my Chinese friend introduced me to him so early.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
13-08-2017, 05:22 PM
(13-08-2017 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ozark.

Netflix you've done it again. Not the best show, but still very good and worth the watch.

Silly goose that's not a movie!

But damn good show.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
13-08-2017, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 12:27 AM by houseofcantor.)
I kinda hate time, so there it is.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
14-08-2017, 05:42 AM
Evil Dead [2013]

I'm not normally one to watch remakes of films I liked the first time, [See: Ghostbusters for example], but after hearing many good things, inlcuding comments from Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell themselves, I thought 'Why not?', and gave it a go.

I'm very happy I did. What a movie. I mean in terms of remakes, that is how you do it. It's both a remake and huge homage to the original trilogy, and it comes up with some fairly fresh ideas, that cover up the plot holes that some horror movies have, mainly that of "why doesn't everybody just leave when the crazy shit starts happening" (which in this movie is covered up by the main girl also being a recovering heroin addict, so the other people decide that they'll make her stay to get clean, as well as being the entire reason they are in the generic spooky cabin in the woods anyway.)

In a movie genre that somehow we've all become accustomed to, or desensitized, when it comes to gory goings on, Evil Dead just had loads of painful looking injurys that make you wince every time.

I'm not really a horror movie buff, but this is pretty good. Thumbsup

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Yesterday, 06:50 AM
Predestination 8/10
Arès 6.5/10
Intouchables, the 9/10
Duff, the 6/10
Let's Be Evil 5.5/10
Raid 2: Berandal, the 9/10
Colossus: The forbin project 10/10
Planet of the vampires 7/10
Alien cargo 6/10

Hitman's bodyguard, the 10/10 - The loudest, most violent not-buddy movie of the year.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath