Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2017, 05:44 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(13-08-2017 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ozark.

Netflix you've done it again. Not the best show, but still very good and worth the watch.

Have you seen the one with seven women sharing one identity?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2017, 03:03 PM
(03-08-2017 03:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Kung Fu Hustle

I just absolutely Fecking LOVE this movie. I'm a big fan of Asian cinema/General Kung Fu movies, as well as Anime/Manga and all that jazz. This essentially is a live action anime movie, of an anime that doesn't exist. It has all the tropes, along with nods and winks to all hosts of other movies/movie tropes/lines etc, it's just amazing.

The fight choreography is crazy. The fight scenes and overall ideas/concepts for some of the fighting is also amazing. I honestly can't recommend this enough to those who like this sort of thing.

I've been a big of Stephen Chow since the late 1990s and early 2000s. I have most of his movies on DVD and VCD. Love on Delivery was the very first Chow movie I saw back in high school. I'm glad my Chinese friend introduced me to him so early.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
13-08-2017, 05:22 PM
(13-08-2017 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ozark.

Netflix you've done it again. Not the best show, but still very good and worth the watch.

Silly goose that's not a movie!

But damn good show.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
13-08-2017, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 12:27 AM by houseofcantor.)
I kinda hate time, so there it is.

living word
14-08-2017, 05:42 AM
Evil Dead [2013]

I'm not normally one to watch remakes of films I liked the first time, [See: Ghostbusters for example], but after hearing many good things, inlcuding comments from Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell themselves, I thought 'Why not?', and gave it a go.

I'm very happy I did. What a movie. I mean in terms of remakes, that is how you do it. It's both a remake and huge homage to the original trilogy, and it comes up with some fairly fresh ideas, that cover up the plot holes that some horror movies have, mainly that of "why doesn't everybody just leave when the crazy shit starts happening" (which in this movie is covered up by the main girl also being a recovering heroin addict, so the other people decide that they'll make her stay to get clean, as well as being the entire reason they are in the generic spooky cabin in the woods anyway.)

In a movie genre that somehow we've all become accustomed to, or desensitized, when it comes to gory goings on, Evil Dead just had loads of painful looking injurys that make you wince every time.

I'm not really a horror movie buff, but this is pretty good. Thumbsup

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
18-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Predestination 8/10
Arès 6.5/10
Intouchables, the 9/10
Duff, the 6/10
Let's Be Evil 5.5/10
Raid 2: Berandal, the 9/10
Colossus: The forbin project 10/10
Planet of the vampires 7/10
Alien cargo 6/10

Hitman's bodyguard, the 10/10 - The loudest, most violent not-buddy movie of the year.
19-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Jesus, Bro! 9.5/10

A passion project by the Cinema Snob, this movie is a parody of Christian movies like God's Not Dead, A Matter of Faith, War Room, Do You Believe, etc. It received 0 out of 5 Doves from the Dove Foundation (who gave Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas 5/5). I laughed the entire way through it as it deconstructed Christian movie tropes from the expositioning girlfriend to atheist face-heel turn in a vision. It takes Christopher Hitchens (on a tape recorder behind Jesus's back) to prove to the main character that he's really meeting Jesus in a vision after their initial exchange:
"Who are you?"
"Who do you think I am?"
"A delusion brought on by the fact I was drunk and just got a head injury."
"Oh, that cuts deep Rick. It cuts deep."

Need to think of a witty signature.
20-08-2017, 05:41 AM
The Battle for Sevastopol (on Amazon Prime)
Russian filmed movie = 7/10

True story about a female sharp shooter in WWII that will have you flipping the closed caption on and off (as she visits Eleanor Roosevelt in the US , back and forth)

Gritty cinematography in unabashed detail. A story worth telling.
Plan to give the non-hollywood difference a little leeway.

You have to be odd to be #1.
22-08-2017, 06:22 AM
I watched Vin Diesel in 'Riddick' (2013) on TV the other day, great escapist stuff and I rate it 10 out of 10..Smile
Marooned on an environmentally-hostile planet crawling with monsters that want to eat him, can things get any worse?
Er...well yes, because not one but TWO teams of bounty hunters land to hunt him down and take his head back in a box they've brought with them!
[+] 1 user Likes Propwash's post
22-08-2017, 06:42 AM
The Hitman's Bodyguard: Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds. 'nuff said.