Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
22-08-2017, 06:42 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(22-08-2017 06:22 AM)Propwash Wrote:  I watched Vin Diesel in 'Riddick' (2013) on TV the other day, great escapist stuff and I rate it 10 out of 10..Smile
Marooned on an environmentally-hostile planet crawling with monsters that want to eat him, can things get any worse?
Er...well yes, because not one but TWO teams of bounty hunters land to hunt him down and take his head back in a box they've brought with them!
The movie took us back to "Pitch Black", but without all the emotional content. Adrenaline and kick-ass.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2017, 07:21 AM
I hated Riddick, mainly as it pales in comparison to Pitch Black, which is a far superior movie, in my opinion at least. A bit too much "generic action movie" for me, where pretty much anybody could have been in it.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
22-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Goya's Ghost.
Confirm your distaste for the church and it's iron rule with this tale, done very well.
I actually got pissed watching their chit go down. .

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
22-08-2017, 09:04 AM
(22-08-2017 07:21 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I hated Riddick, mainly as it pales in comparison to Pitch Black, which is a far superior movie, in my opinion at least. A bit too much "generic action movie" for me, where pretty much anybody could have been in it.

I didn't much difference in them.
23-08-2017, 07:50 AM
last week I saw Noctural animals, recommend everyone to check it out, 10/10
27-08-2017, 05:35 PM
(22-08-2017 07:21 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I hated Riddick, mainly as it pales in comparison to Pitch Black, which is a far superior movie, in my opinion at least. A bit too much "generic action movie" for me, where pretty much anybody could have been in it.

My knob, you can polish.

Cloud Atlas, again, 12/10

One of the best movies ever made, possible.

living word
27-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Woman in Gold 8/10 Woman sues the Austrian government to reclaim famous family artwork long after it was stolen by the nazis.

Get on Up 6.5/10 Solid film but weirdly disjointed in the beginning. Even if you're not a fan of James brown it's worth a watch.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-08-2017, 03:27 AM
It comes at night. 5 out of 10.

Annabelle. 7 out of 10.
01-09-2017, 02:41 AM
Terminator Genesis

I think the write ups/reviews are just overly negateive. It acts as a soft reboot, where as the first 10-15 minutes are really good, shows the guys fighting in the future whilst Skynet sends T1 arnie back in time, when that’s done Kyle Reese goes next, and the “arrivals” in 1984 are pretty much shot for shot exactly the same, plus the CG young arnie looks AMAZING lol. I might even go so far as to say its CG spliced with old footage? Then it gets a bit funny with ever changing time-lines altering what’s happened already (the t2 liquid terminator is present in 1984, the t1 time period for example, and not the original guy, but a fairly decent look-ish alike)

It does go a bit off the rails from there, but the John Connor stuff is explained, despite it being the overall wrong choice (IE could have been any one else from the future….not John Connor himself), BUT it’s nowhere near as terrible as T3 or Salvation, from what I’ve seen. I did actually miss the very end, as my phone battery died, but it was “OK”. IF anything it’s good to watch to see the first 20 mins and go “oooh that’s just like T1” lol. Not as bad as some of the reviews made out, in my opinion at least, still not amazing, but not terrible either.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
01-09-2017, 05:27 AM
" Kingsmen: The Secret Service" 4/5. A ridiculous romp. Completely over the top. Stupendously, hilariously violent, starring Colin Firth ( Mr Darcy from " Pride and Prejudice". Mark from "Bridget Jone's Diary". The king from "The King's Speech") as a thoroughly British action hero/spy in a bespoke suit with a brolly and awesome gadgets. If the James Bond films had been like this I'd have actually enjoyed them.
[+] 2 users Like Sushisnake's post