Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
14-09-2017, 06:00 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(14-09-2017 04:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, yes, that is nerd hero Nathan Fillion. It is the best sitcom you've never heard of.

I have now. Thanks. Smile

I am currently watching bloody Star Wars. I call fail on that flack gun not shooting at the pod. They'd have done it for practice. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2017, 06:18 AM
(14-09-2017 06:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 04:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, yes, that is nerd hero Nathan Fillion. It is the best sitcom you've never heard of.

I am currently watching bloody Star Wars. I call fail on that flack gun not shooting at the pod. They'd have done it for practice. Big Grin

That's why they call it an escape pod.

Ex Deus machina is an old, old plot device. A bit of a cheat, eh?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-09-2017, 07:11 AM
(14-09-2017 06:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

But the Empire has many bean-counters. Imagine explaining why you wasted ammo to Palpatine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
15-09-2017, 04:16 AM
I was watching Elle
10/10
15-09-2017, 05:49 AM
(14-09-2017 04:55 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 04:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I've liked Ryan Reynolds since 2 Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place.

[Image: two-guys-girl-pizza-place-ryan-reynolds-...bash-8.jpg]

Also, yes, that is nerd hero Nathan Fillion. It is the best sitcom you've never heard of.

Never mind that, is that Deadpool?

Indeed, that is the Merc With A Mouth alongside Captain Malcom Reynolds.

Another fun tidbit, Morena Baccarin played both Vanessa in Deadpool and Inara Serra in Firefly and Serenity.

[Image: latest?cb=20160202204807]

[Image: latest?cb=20120309144712]

That's like, awesome to the third power, or something...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-09-2017, 01:25 AM
(14-09-2017 04:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 02:43 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "And great waves of sarcasm did wash away the unbelievers!"

I've liked Ryan Reynolds since 2 Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place.

[Image: two-guys-girl-pizza-place-ryan-reynolds-...bash-8.jpg]

Also, yes, that is nerd hero Nathan Fillion. It is the best sitcom you've never heard of.

Fuck yes, that show was amazing. The Halloween specials were always hilarious. It's criminally underrated and I consider it miles better than Friends as the people in the show are not terrible people. Can't recommend it enough.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
07-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Blade Runner.

Dark, post-apocalyptic visuals that draw you in. I came out of the movie thinking how well done it was but not jumping up and down over it. I do recommend it though. 7/10

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
07-10-2017, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 02:16 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(07-10-2017 11:05 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Blade Runner.

Dark, post-apocalyptic visuals that draw you in. I came out of the movie thinking how well done it was but not jumping up and down over it. I do recommend it though. 7/10

Yeah, I just saw it, and 7/10 sounds right to me too. Points off for an annoying sound track and too much "artsy" nudity and violence.
13-10-2017, 02:56 AM
Blade Runner 2049, it sucks 2/10
16-10-2017, 03:43 AM
As Justice League is out soon, I thought I'll watch a DCEU movie once a week (as there isn't many of them) to get into the swing of things, plus my daughter things Justice League looks awesome (It's most likely going to be shite, but we'll see) so she's watching them with me. So we start with:

MAN OF STEEL

I'm a huge Superman: The Movie fan. It was before my time, (11 maybe?), but I grew up on it. The first one for me, is an absolute epic of a movie, and considering it was out in 1978, some of the special effects are amazing! Plus the musical score....OOOOOF. [Side Note: Christopher Reeve IS my superman, 100%]

Anyway, when MOS came out, I was HYPED big time. I actually ever shed a tear of joy during the opening scene on Krypton as it's was kind of everything I'd hoped for. The movie itself has some issues here and there, but you can't fault the actors involved (well, except for Amy Adams...but she's "OK" at worst really) and with the craziness of the new score/the action, good lord it's an epic of different proportions.

I think overall, it's a bit too much "everything gets destroyed", I mean the city is literally in ruins at the end, and hundreds of thousands of people would have died in the final battle, but I still think it's "pretty good". Not the best movie, and it may not even compare with some of Marvel's best efforts, but I still enjoy it.

Solid 7/10 for me Smile

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user