Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
16-10-2017, 07:15 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I love the "people died in a major battle in a city!" vs "people died in a comic book movie!" conflict. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2017, 07:42 AM
(16-10-2017 07:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I love the "people died in a major battle in a city!" vs "people died in a comic book movie!" conflict. Facepalm
It's one that doesn't really bother me (so I don't hate the movie because of it) but I do think there is a certain level of destruction before your brain starts going "bloody hell, this city won't be in the next movie" lol.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
18-10-2017, 01:21 PM
(07-10-2017 11:05 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Blade Runner.

Dark, post-apocalyptic visuals that draw you in. I came out of the movie thinking how well done it was but not jumping up and down over it. I do recommend it though. 7/10

I was about to give the exact same rate, so 7/10 for me too. I liked it, but it won't let me a very lasting memory. It has a good atmosphere, very good actors, but the action is a bit too slow for my taste. Also, I'm not so fond of 3D movies, why do they have to release every movies in 3D now ? The 3D wasn't so disturbing in this movie, but still, I would have preferred a 2D version.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sturm's post
18-10-2017, 01:23 PM
The Good Neighbor. It was pretty entertaining. The kids were a bit annoying, but the whole plot was pretty interesting.

Also saw Kong: Skull Island. About as good as I figured it would be. Entertaining.
19-10-2017, 05:54 AM
Gremlins

So, I watched this as a kid, and remember it as one of those generic "dark 80's movies for kids". Whilst walking about in the DVD shop the other day, my daughter saw it on a shelf, and I said "wow, let's get it". I put it on at home....and there is a lot I don't remember about his movie lol. It's very "violent" I think is the word. Don't get me wrong I watched it as a young'n and my daughter loved it...although I was very surprised by how [mildy] scary/violent it was, considering it's a film about puppets.

The up side is, my daughter (who is 7) loves this sort of crazy stuff, and enjoyed it. That was up until the end when the old Chinese guy comes and takes gizmo away, at which point she cried, as it wasn't a happy ending lol.

Generally though, pretty good, a lot longer than I remember...as well as crazy violent at times, but still pretty good Smile Here in the UK it's a 15, (not sure what that translates to elsewhere) so show it to your kids at your own discretion Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
19-10-2017, 06:07 AM
(16-10-2017 07:42 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 07:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I love the "people died in a major battle in a city!" vs "people died in a comic book movie!" conflict. Facepalm
It's one that doesn't really bother me (so I don't hate the movie because of it) but I do think there is a certain level of destruction before your brain starts going "bloody hell, this city won't be in the next movie" lol.

Meh, comic book cities are resilient. And I've destroyed Tokyo countless times. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
19-10-2017, 07:27 AM
(19-10-2017 05:54 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Gremlins

So, I watched this as a kid, and remember it as one of those generic "dark 80's movies for kids". Whilst walking about in the DVD shop the other day, my daughter saw it on a shelf, and I said "wow, let's get it". I put it on at home....and there is a lot I don't remember about his movie lol. It's very "violent" I think is the word. Don't get me wrong I watched it as a young'n and my daughter loved it...although I was very surprised by how [mildy] scary/violent it was, considering it's a film about puppets.

The up side is, my daughter (who is 7) loves this sort of crazy stuff, and enjoyed it. That was up until the end when the old Chinese guy comes and takes gizmo away, at which point she cried, as it wasn't a happy ending lol.

Generally though, pretty good, a lot longer than I remember...as well as crazy violent at times, but still pretty good Smile Here in the UK it's a 15, (not sure what that translates to elsewhere) so show it to your kids at your own discretion Laugh out load

Try watching the second one. I used to hate it when I was younger and always preferred the darker tone in the first one. Now I can see the value in the sequel.
19-10-2017, 10:32 PM
(19-10-2017 06:07 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Meh, comic book cities are resilient. And I've destroyed Tokyo countless times. Drinking Beverage

Have you considered loosing some weight?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
20-10-2017, 12:47 AM
Took the gal to see It a couple of weeks ago.

It should have been named shIT. First half of it was monster-in-a-box ... you got the sense quickly that no matter what happened, Pennywise was going to show up with many decibels and cranked fangs to try to scare the shit out of you .... *yawn*

The second half was marginally better. But at no point did the movie touch on the real gist of the book, the fact that it is a coming-of-age story.

I will not be seeing the second half; I'm uninterested.
20-10-2017, 03:01 AM
The Unspoken 9/10
i-Lived 4/19
Tusk 7/10