Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
20-10-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
As I told a friend, re-listening to A Matter of Faith as I clean...again, I'm struck by how the evil atheist evolutionist professor is the reasonable one in this film. He doesn't violate FERPA standards when confronted by an angry parent. He tries to tell the angry parent that religious faith is a personal thing and that he's glad the man's faith brings him comfort. He treats his students well and tries to make class interesting and fun.

Also come on Evangelical Evan, "Did God create this world, or do you think it came about by evolution like Kaman said?" Well Evangelical Evan...since evolution doesn't deal with that, I'll take False Dichotomies for $100. Also "life comes from life, it doesn't come from non-life" says the character whose literal interpretation of the Bible holds that Adam was made of dirt.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
20-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Wonderwoman.

Meh/10

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
20-10-2017, 11:17 PM
(20-10-2017 07:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  As I told a friend, re-listening to A Matter of Faith as I clean...again, I'm struck by how the evil atheist evolutionist professor is the reasonable one in this film. He doesn't violate FERPA standards when confronted by an angry parent. He tries to tell the angry parent that religious faith is a personal thing and that he's glad the man's faith brings him comfort. He treats his students well and tries to make class interesting and fun.

Also come on Evangelical Evan, "Did God create this world, or do you think it came about by evolution like Kaman said?" Well Evangelical Evan...since evolution doesn't deal with that, I'll take False Dichotomies for $100. Also "life comes from life, it doesn't come from non-life" says the character whose literal interpretation of the Bible holds that Adam was made of dirt.

[Image: c]

God Awful Movies, Epidose #30 - A Matter of Faith

Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-10-2017, 06:22 AM
6 degrees

7/10

You have to be odd to be #1.
22-10-2017, 06:37 AM
(19-10-2017 10:32 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 06:07 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Meh, comic book cities are resilient. And I've destroyed Tokyo countless times. Drinking Beverage

Have you considered loosing some weight?
I've tried DiGel and Beano. I'm thinking it's chronic. Gasp
23-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Maudie

10/10

A profound exploration of human interaction and emotions. Based on real characters.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-10-2017, 07:29 AM
Event Horizon

Basic plot: In the future, a ship named Event Horizon goes missing when using an experimental gravity/time/space distortion engine. It mysteriously turns up out of the blue after 7 years, and some people are sent to find out what happened.

Thoughts: I believe this to be a very underrated, or at least not talked about in as high regards as other movies. It's sci-fi horror at it's best/craziest and is well worth a watch.

Some of the special effects look a tad dated, (it came out in 1997), but hey it's still pretty good Smile

Highly recommend Smile

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
23-10-2017, 07:53 AM
(20-10-2017 07:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  As I told a friend, re-listening to A Matter of Faith as I clean...again, I'm struck by how the evil atheist evolutionist professor is the reasonable one in this film.

Dude, don't listen to it. That will hurt your brain. Watch only the parts with Jordan Trovillion........Drooling

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
23-10-2017, 08:36 AM
(23-10-2017 07:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Event Horizon

Basic plot: In the future, a ship named Event Horizon goes missing when using an experimental gravity/time/space distortion engine. It mysteriously turns up out of the blue after 7 years, and some people are sent to find out what happened.

Thoughts: I believe this to be a very underrated, or at least not talked about in as high regards as other movies. It's sci-fi horror at it's best/craziest and is well worth a watch.

Some of the special effects look a tad dated, (it came out in 1997), but hey it's still pretty good Smile

Highly recommend Smile
Kept waiting for Dr. Weir to sic raptors on the rescue team. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
23-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Citizen Kane - It was really good but I don't get the hype that surrounds it. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume