Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2017, 11:02 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I watched Thor - Ragnarok tonight.
Funny movie

It was made for 10 yr olds.

The plot seemed like it was written by a 10 yr old.
The dialogue certainly was.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the movie.
My grandkids would have loved it.
Lots of goofy funny characters. Bashing & smashing Hulk. Zingers all around and that madcap Jeff Goldblum. Such a good time.

And you will not believe what they use to subdue the god of thunder. Don't worry, I won't spoil that for you.

On the plus side, Loki is and will always be Thor's brother and brothers do stick together.

I was ever so happy to see that the Valkyrie in the movie was....(nope, can't say it)

I give the movie a hilarious 2/5.
4/5 if I were 10 years old and had never read a Thor comic book.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
12-11-2017, 06:04 AM
(11-11-2017 11:02 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I watched Thor - Ragnarok tonight.
Funny movie

It was made for 10 yr olds.

"I feel just like a little girl!" Wade Wilson.

Smartass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
12-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Victoria & Abdul is 7/10.
Good story too.

You have to be odd to be #1.
12-11-2017, 07:18 AM
The Dark Tower.

I' d give it a 2 out of 5..

It followed the story like a drunk trying to drive through a woods, off road, at night with no headlights. Occasionally it would get moving, but for the most part it just bounced off the trees a lot. Said trees being parts of the book.

And Roland's guns. OK, they pissed me off. They appear to be Army percussion cap black powder guns ( nice look), but somehow have right swinging cylinders that take both what appear as 45 Colt or possibly 44 mag, and also take 45 ACP ( we assume) on clips like for a Model 625. And they' re double action.

Then the trick shooting....

Sorry, the shoot one bullet, ricochet it off a wall, then redirect it with another shot is just bullshit. It would require you to shoot two rounds in under 1000th of a second. Not happening in this world or any other.

The original story ( I have indeed read it all - at least twice, some parts more) is exceedingly long, and would take many, many full length movies.

I wish they'd gone that way.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-11-2017, 01:23 AM
Went to see Justice League tonight.
Quite good, I must say.

Pros -
Plot stayed on point. Good use of dialogue.
Never a boring moment.

4.5 / 5

Cons -
Everything about the Flash was completely wrong and stupid. They really should have gone with some other actor.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
18-11-2017, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2017 02:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Finally got around to seeing Thor: Ragnarok.

I really enjoyed it. I like how whenever many of the 'oh shit' moments from the trailer hit the screen, they were clearly different. They either were in different locations, had different effects, or had something else off about them; which means that the trailers (for as cool as they were) didn't actually give much away about the movie. Also, easily the best use of Led Zeppelin's 'Immigrant Song' that I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Cate Blanchett just chews up the scenery when she's on screen. The complete upending of the status quo is a refreshing change of pace. Tessa Thompson is a revelation, and is the best female character thus far short of Black Widow. Tom Hiddleston is great as always, although it was even better to see Chris Hemsworth wise up a bit. It was fun to see Karl Urban even if he didn't do much, and Idris Elba as always was solid.

Will definitely be in regular rotation once it hits VOD and Blu-Ray, and is easily the best of the three Thor films, but I'm not biting at the bit to immediately see it again like I was for the last two Guardians of the Galaxy or Captain America films. But, I was smiling the whole time as the over 2 hour long movie just blew by.

I agree with MovieBob. 3.5/4 Stars. Definitely worth seeing, easily within Marvel's top 10 best, even if not perfect or an instant classic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-11-2017, 02:13 AM
The ducking Infinity war better have fucking Warlock in it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-11-2017, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2017 03:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-11-2017 02:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The ducking Infinity war better have fucking Warlock in it.

Which one? Adam Warlock or Technarchy?

EDIT: Never mind, quick bit of Googling makes it pretty clear you meant Adam. Also, I concur.

19-11-2017, 01:50 AM
(18-11-2017 01:23 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Went to see Justice League tonight.
Quite good, I must say.

Pros -
Never a boring moment.

4.5 / 5

Cons -
Everything about the Flash was completely wrong and stupid. They really should have gone with some other actor.

I want to see it but I've heard/read really bad things about it. I'm kind of skeptical now.
19-11-2017, 03:03 AM
(19-11-2017 01:50 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(18-11-2017 01:23 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Went to see Justice League tonight.
Quite good, I must say.

Pros -
Never a boring moment.

4.5 / 5

Cons -

I want to see it but I've heard/read really bad things about it. I'm kind of skeptical now.

Better than Batman v. Superman, worse than Man of Steel, far worse than Wonder Woman, about the same overall as Suicide Squad. So basically, at its best it is inoffensively mediocre.