Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
21-05-2018, 03:01 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Finished off the "original" X-men trilogy this week:

X-Men 2

Plot:
So they are back, and this time some government spanner wants to destroy all mutants. He uses Mutants to help him do this, via weird mind control substances, and also has some history with Logan as well. Also, Nightcrawler is in this one, and it's awesome.

Thoughts:
Easily the best of the original movies for me, top quality action, pretty good story-line and an ending that gives a (wrongfully) optimistic view for the next movie. The stuff with Logan/Striker sort of nicely ties up his story (even though they won't stop making movies/talking about it) and the scene with Magneto ripping out the iron within somebody's blood stream is fantasticly gruesome.

X men 3: The Last Stand

Plot:
More Mutants, Mo' Problems it seems. This time around Jean has gone batshit insane, and kills some people. Magento is pissed because humans have found a "cure" for the Mutant X gene (even though it's a suppressant, and would presumably wear off eventually) and Beast is in it. Oh, and Vinnie Jones is the Juggernaut .... so yeah.

Thoughts:
In all honesty, I know it's not the best one. Plus I understand various things are part of the story (cyclops' demise for one) because of other movies being made with those actors in, so things had to be changed etc. BUT, I bloody love it. Don't ask me why, as I can't say for sure, but I really like the "epicness" of this one. The stuff with Jean, the demise of Prof X is bloody amazing, Hugh Jackman's 100% acting, that finale as well. The score as well, is legitimately awesome. I would highly recommend checking out the score on youtube, as it's got all the feels in there.

Any way those are done. We're skipping Origins:Wolverine, for understandable reasons, but not sure if we're doing "The Wolverine" next (as it follows directly on from 3) and then First Class/DOFP, or First class-Wolverine-DOFP. Also, got Logan lined up for the finale as well Smile

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
24-05-2018, 01:11 PM
RBG. Fascinating woman. Fascinating people surrounding her. Bit of a long movie. 8-10.
24-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Hey, the Stars Wars film for Solo is approaching, I'll go in the weekend... Not into mainstream stuff, but still - I watched them since I was a kid... Anyone going?
24-05-2018, 03:13 PM
(24-05-2018 02:54 PM)ethos Wrote:  Hey, the Stars Wars film for Solo is approaching, I'll go in the weekend... Not into mainstream stuff, but still - I watched them since I was a kid... Anyone going?

I will be going in a few weeks, after the crowds thin out a bit. I'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise, but I have a friend who is, and the last few films have been at least entertaining. So it should be worth a look.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
24-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Black Panther I Loved it. I did spot one interesting thing: When M'Baku arrived at the Battle of the Vibranium Mine his guys start dove right in. You get a close up of a female Jabari, but if you look closely you might believe that it was a bolt-on. I didn't see any other female Jabari and the ... lady in question was in front of 3-4 males. It could quite possibly have been a retrofit. "No female Jabari? Fix that!"

And before you snort, I watched the movie five times in four days while in the hospital and totally bored. (Partially blocked bowel.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2018, 05:26 PM
(24-05-2018 03:13 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-05-2018 02:54 PM)ethos Wrote:  Hey, the Stars Wars film for Solo is approaching, I'll go in the weekend... Not into mainstream stuff, but still - I watched them since I was a kid... Anyone going?

I will be going in a few weeks, after the crowds thin out a bit. I'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise, but I have a friend who is, and the last few films have been at least entertaining. So it should be worth a look.

Yeah. Actually with me, I had really low expectations for the first spin-off (rogue one), and I was pleasantly surprised... I will try to lower down expectations for this one as well... Btw it will feature bulgarian choir music (or at least a bulgarian folk choir singing stuff) .
25-05-2018, 04:44 AM
Dead Pool 2, 3/10 waste of time
27-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Han Solo movie.

Meh.

5/10.

I was more concerned about the forum. Why must people treat a movie theater like their living room? Why does it always seem they sit in front of us?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-05-2018, 05:21 PM
The Greatest Showman

6.5/10

Not because the writing or anything was bad, and I knew it was a musical going in. But, it seemed too sappy, and predictable.

Be true to yourself. Heart
30-05-2018, 10:44 AM
"Solo" movie - 4.5/10 . You get a ton of special effects and very little inspired play by the actors. Still bearable though, even funny at a couple of moments.