Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
22-09-2012, 04:39 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Machine Gun Preacher.

Crazy title I know.... but fucking hell what a film..... cant recommend it strongly enough, really gets you thinking about how easy we have it over here and how crazy parts of the world are.

Shawshank Redemption was probably my most fave film and this equals it.

11/10

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Wow. I've had this on my radar for a while now so it hard to hold.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-09-2012, 05:01 PM
(22-09-2012 04:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wow. I've had this on my radar for a while now so it hard to hold.

Id seen it loads of times on the website where I stream movies but allways been put off by the title... cant understand why it never got more coverage, I think it got pushed to one side cause shitty twilight came out at the same time.

If people wanna watch it heres the link.......

http://www.sockshare.com/file/90510B2E52CD58A5 (DVD quality)

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
22-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Samsara.

An hour and a half, and not one word of dialog. Shot in 25 countries. The most mind-blowing cinematography I've ever seen on the big screen. Absolutely gorgeous--and thought-provoking.

9/10

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
24-09-2012, 02:24 AM
"End Of Watch" - 9.5/10

I only saw it a couple of hours ago, but I'm confident enough to give it such a high rating. It had incredibly realistic dialogue, beautifully (if that's the word I even want to use) portrays the unsettling daily routine of those on the police force, and descended into emotional territory that I can only describe as "heavy as fuck".

Few things do this to me; but the film struck a personal chord with me, and as a result, I'm now 100% sure that I'm going to join the police force in the coming months - something I'd been trying to decide for over a year.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
30-09-2012, 11:04 PM
The Devil's Double.
Not a bad movie actually, worth a watch.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Battleship - 8/10
The Darkest Hour - 6/10
Safe - 8/10

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
01-10-2012, 02:21 AM
On Sunday I watched Aliens for the 14th time. It was awesome, as always.

If you haven't seen Aliens, then I will drag you home and make you watch it. Watch it" Beat_stick

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
01-10-2012, 06:08 AM
(22-09-2012 05:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 04:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wow. I've had this on my radar for a while now so it hard to hold.

Id seen it loads of times on the website where I stream movies but allways been put off by the title... cant understand why it never got more coverage, I think it got pushed to one side cause shitty twilight came out at the same time.

Meh. I tried watching for 10 or 15 minutes until it became apparent it was one of those Jesus films I used to have to watch when I was a kid. Typical Jesus movie plot: Really mean bad guy does really mean bad stuff. Pretty wife goes to church and gets saved. Really mean bad guy doesn't like it. Really mean bad guy does something horrible that he regrets. Really mean bad guy goes to church and gets saved. Now really mean bad guy decides to do really hard shit to make up for the evil he has done.
I decided to stop watching during the baptism. It may be a great movie, but it came with too much baggage for me. Too bad, too, because Gerald Butler made a really cool really mean bad guy. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-10-2012, 06:34 AM
(01-10-2012 06:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 05:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  Id seen it loads of times on the website where I stream movies but allways been put off by the title... cant understand why it never got more coverage, I think it got pushed to one side cause shitty twilight came out at the same time.

Meh. I tried watching for 10 or 15 minutes until it became apparent it was one of those Jesus films I used to have to watch when I was a kid. Typical Jesus movie plot: Really mean bad guy does really mean bad stuff. Pretty wife goes to church and gets saved. Really mean bad guy doesn't like it. Really mean bad guy does something horrible that he regrets. Really mean bad guy goes to church and gets saved. Now really mean bad guy decides to do really hard shit to make up for the evil he has done.
I decided to stop watching during the baptism. It may be a great movie, but it came with too much baggage for me. Too bad, too, because Gerald Butler made a really cool really mean bad guy. Thumbsup

Sounds like you're talking about Machine Gun Preacher.
Saw that yesterday or the day before. And I'm with you on this Erx, waay to Jesusy for my liking. Not to mention the mention of Konny was mentioned about a billion times throughout the film no doubt taking advantage of the whole Kill Konny fiasco that's been going on lately.
Way too cliche. Oh and totally called that shit with the kid standing on a landmine, not really against the movie just saying that as soon as I saw that kid chase after the dog I literally said "kids gonna stand on a landmine.." and sure enough...

The only really good thing about the whole movie is that the dude is a real dude and so that's nice.

Too cliche, too predictable, too Jesusy. All it needed was a Vence boat case, that would have been the cherry on the pie.

[Image: oscar.png]