Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
04-10-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Ted

I know your countries had it months ago but it's only just hit Sing.

I watched it with two flatmates from Vietnam. It's hard to imagine what they were thinking about it (obscure US cultural references and Chinese subtitles!) but they were laughing a lot.

I don't know Family Guy so I was slightly concerned that I wouldn't "get" it and certainly much of the US-specific gags were lost on me (rest of audience was obviously more knowledgable than I) but I understood a few 1000% more than my two friends ever could.

Anyway... I rarely laugh during a movie (more like a wry smile or an occasional "pschaw!") but I gotta admit... the hotel fight scene had me crying. Perhaps it was the John-Wayne-face-punch sounds effects from a soft toy.

It was a bit weird. I was fully "in the moment" and then suddenly realised that I was, which meant that I wasn't and then thought "this is surreal" and was then in the moment again.

8/10

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Machine gun preacher was a good movie, in fact, it is based on a real person that still lives in Africa... I don't understand why you two (ears and Erx) didn't like it. You think this story is a cliche? Of course it is, but it is also a story that get repeated on a daily basis. What, you think that this does not happen, that bad guys don't suddenly accept Jesus? Of course they do, take a look around you, I didn't find anything unnatural in this story, in fact, I found it rather down to earth. Sure, it is a Hollywood movie, so it is slightly exaggerated, but it is a movie, so it is expected. Good movie, god story, good acting.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
05-10-2012, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 05:32 AM by depat.)
Sometimes I am embarrased over the movies I watch, and especially finish.

My sister called and told me to watch a movie on Net Flix, Dead Girl, totally disgusting.

Anyway, two horny, looser, high school boys found, in an old abandoned basement, a moving dead girl--zombie. To make this short, one of them tied her down and began having sex with her; he decided to bring in some friends and make some money off her, and of course kept himself supplied. There was some biting, and the hero fell.

My sister thought there was some deeper meaning in all this--the nature of men. I disagreed; she got pissed. I argued that necrophelia is tabu in all cultures. She argued that when the dead are moving . . .

Well I don't know about that: I think this was about "mate potential."

I am prepared to take abuse over this. The movie rating 1/5. I did finish the movie!
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
05-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Dead girl is one of the most fucked up movies I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of fucked up shit.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Battleship
Expectations were low.
It had some clever ways to pay homage to the game, and other things that were stupid ways to tie in with the game. Otherwise, it was the poor plot and bad acting that I expected it to be.

Still, with low expectations, I sadly give it a 2 out of 5 Netflix Stars. I'd normally give any reasonably okay action movie with cool special effects at least a 3 in order to get Netflix to recommend similar big budget action movies, but this was too disappointing to give it anything more than a 2.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-10-2012, 12:05 PM
You know it's bad when you expect dissapointment and are still further dissapointed.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
07-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Such an awesome film. The cinematography is bizarre and unusual, but in a way that works. If you haven't seen it, it's a great comedy film that's well worth a watch.
The best bit of all of this? It's the film we're studying at the moment on my film studies course at college. Yaay!! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes hylonome's post
07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
The only thing I| took issue with in Scott, was that he belonged with knives. She was awesome.

08-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Wrath of the titans. Its ok. Makes me wonder if a god that can die is really a god?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
08-10-2012, 03:52 PM
(07-10-2012 07:05 PM)lucradis Wrote:  The only thing I| took issue with in Scott, was that he belonged with knives. She was awesome.

I thought he should have had Both ( I am that type of guy, yes.)

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.