Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
08-10-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Dark Shadows - 8/10 - I really enjoyed this film. Tim Burton is fab.

Chronicle - 6/10 - could've been so much better.

Iron Sky - 4/10 - absolute rubbish except for some good special effects

The Darkest Hour - 7/10 - good but anti-climatic

Battleship - 6/10 - could've been way better

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
14-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Sinister - 6/10 - Stalled and ending was predictable/rushed/meh

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
Stephen Hawking
14-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Megamind - 8/10 - loved it. Will Ferrell rocks.

Tin Tin - 7/10 - not bad

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
15-10-2012, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 03:40 PM by bemore.)
Enter The Void

Is a story filmed mostly in First Person View about Oscar... who is a drug dealer in Tokyo. Something happens to Oscar and he dies, however his soul leaves his body. Thats when the adventure begins........

Originality, mad camera views all add up to one amazing film.

9/10

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
15-10-2012, 01:06 PM
OH GOD NO! NOT ENTER THE VOID!!!!

Frankie de la Cunto
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
15-10-2012, 01:31 PM
I watched Apollo 18 over the weekend.
I liked the premise quite a bit...Apollo 17 was the last publicized flight to the moon, but little does the general public know, but one more flight was made, and the found footage from that expedition shows why we haven't been back in almost 40 years...

But the movie itself...meh, 6 out of 10. Maybe less. I'm trying to be generous because I like the idea.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-10-2012, 02:11 PM
(08-10-2012 05:57 PM)aurora Wrote:  Iron Sky - 4/10 - absolute rubbish except for some good special effects.

Ror! Ohmy How could anyone not like Iron Sky?

One sentence: Nazis on the Moon try to (again) take over the Earth. Pretty much awesomeness right there. Thumbsup

Damn, I thought it was fantastic. Only wish I could have seen it in a theater on a big screen with popcorn and a beer.

Consider It's possible one might need to be in the mood for it... but then, I'm usually in the mood for any Nazi flick. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-10-2012, 02:16 PM
(15-10-2012 02:11 PM)kim Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 05:57 PM)aurora Wrote:  Iron Sky - 4/10 - absolute rubbish except for some good special effects.

One sentence: Nazis on the Moon try to (again) take over the Earth. Pretty much awesomeness right there. Thumbsup

Damn, I thought it was fantastic. Only wish I could have seen it in a theater on a big screen with popcorn and a beer.

Consider It's possible one might need to be in the mood for it... but then, I'm usually in the mood for any Nazi flick. Wink

This has to go into my Netflix queue just from the description.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Red Lights

Hmm. Good story idea, incredible actors - Cillian Murphy, Sigourney Weaver, Robert De Niro, Joely Richardson - quite a bit of money spent, I'm sure.

However, direction was shabby and writing was vague. Parts didn't fit together well... almost as if someone couldn't decide who was going to pay for what direction the content of this film was supposed to go. You know something isn't quite right when the film's entire premise is suddenly narrated in a character's voice in the last few minutes. Like I need shit explained to me.

I'm glad I only rented it ... sadly, I'll say 4 out of 10.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(15-10-2012 02:11 PM)kim Wrote:  

Yes!!!
This movie is incredible! No really, you'll be incredulous as you watch it!

But I agree...you do have do be in the right mindset to enjoy it. It's not for everyone, although it should be!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel