Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
15-10-2012, 02:33 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(15-10-2012 02:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yes!!!
This movie is incredible! No really, you'll be incredulous as you watch it!

But I agree...you do have do be in the right mindset to enjoy it. It's not for everyone, although it should be!

It really should be for everyone... it's got a message. A damn good message! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2012, 03:42 PM
(15-10-2012 01:06 PM)frankiej Wrote:  OH GOD NO! NOT ENTER THE VOID!!!!

It is a fucking trippy as fuck film.... enter at your own risk Thumbsup

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
15-10-2012, 04:40 PM
(15-10-2012 02:11 PM)kim Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 05:57 PM)aurora Wrote:  Iron Sky - 4/10 - absolute rubbish except for some good special effects.

Ror! Ohmy How could anyone not like Iron Sky?

One sentence: Nazis on the Moon try to (again) take over the Earth. Pretty much awesomeness right there. Thumbsup

Damn, I thought it was fantastic. Only wish I could have seen it in a theater on a big screen with popcorn and a beer.

Consider It's possible one might need to be in the mood for it... but then, I'm usually in the mood for any Nazi flick. Wink

I loved the concept of the film - that's why I hired it. I, too, love a good Nazi flick but I just thought the script was off and it seemed it didn't know whether to be funny or serious. I thought they could've done a way better job at it.
Aaaaand I gave it a really good go as I was baked when I watched it Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
16-10-2012, 04:38 AM
(15-10-2012 03:42 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 01:06 PM)frankiej Wrote:  OH GOD NO! NOT ENTER THE VOID!!!!

It is a fucking trippy as fuck film.... enter at your own risk Thumbsup

I saw it at an arts cinema here in Dundee... oh dear... that was intense.

Frankie de la Cunto
16-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Creature From the Black Lagoon
5/5 Stars within the context of B-Monster Movies.
Not only is it a fun, cheesy 1954 black and white classic, but the movie is chock full of references about Evolution. Somehow I glossed over that fact when I saw it as a kid. I probably figured since it was sci-fi, even the information about Evolution was just sci-fi details.

This is a poster I remember from my childhood:

[Image: il_fullxfull.225431524.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
21-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Madagascar 3!!!

Fucking awesome!!!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
21-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Sometimes I'm pretty sure I've talked about the same movies a bunch of times on here, but I cant remmeber and I don't feel like checking so I just post again anyways.

Double Indemnity.

If you haven't seen this movie and you count yourself among the cultured film viewer class, then you're a big dummy. It's fantastic. Don't let the black and white fool you, there were a ton of amazing movies that actually came out before color was introduced and this is one of the best.

Now I might be a bit biased as I really enjoy film noir. This is one of those.

It's about an insurance agent from back in the day when they actually did stuff, other than log into a computer and look at messages. He meets a sexy woman who does the film noir thang and sexes him up. Unlike most noir leads this guy actually falls for it. Usually they play along until they get what they want, but this chump went in hook line and sinker.
The two decide to scam the insurance agency by offing the old man to the lovely dame. Shit doth hitith fan. Calamity ensues. A classic is born.

It's not a ten, but it gets a solid 9 from me.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
28-10-2012, 06:36 AM
OK, can you please NOT laugh at me now? Please?! Thank you. Yesterday I watched ... Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning. And it was great. Laughat

No, seriously, it was made 100 times better that the first US, specially better than the second part. Some parts of the movie reminded me of Apocalypse Now. This was one of the weirdest and most psychedelic movies I've ever seen. Van Dame is the main bad guy, although it is not that clear what he actually is. Most of the movie you have no idea what is going on, who is who and what side does one take. That part of the movie was made extremely well. I stayed on the edge of my chair for most part of the movie and up until the very end I tried to figure out what the fuck is going on. I couldn't. This is what makes it a great movie. It is definitely NOT predictable in any way. Oh yeah, there is a lot of fighting and that part is made perfect as well. Something like Undisputed 3.

Thumbsup

I am not joking here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1659343/

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
28-10-2012, 08:32 AM
I watched Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter the other night.

Meh. The action scenes were fun and all, but the storyline was pretty terrible. Not in one of those good silly ways either like I'd hoped. My wife is reading the book right now and she says that the movie changed things for some reason and that the book is far better so I'll give that a go eventually I guess.
The movie spent little to no time at all on actual character development so I had nothing invested in the characters. Normally in a movie like this that wouldn't bug me because these movies are supposed to be pretty cheesy, but they tried harder but not hard enough. They left me wanting more.

5 out of 10.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Peacock http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188113/
Cillian Murphy was great (as always), though I'm not sure how happy I was with the ending. It fit well and everything, but it made me sad. It was also difficult to watch at times, exactly because Murphy was so good at portraying anguish, I just wanted to scream at the other characters "someone help this poor man". I've never been good at handling the mental suffering of others on screen (or in real life).

Still, I thought it was a good film and do not regret watching it.

BTW, he makes a beautiful woman Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."