Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World.

This movie is going to stay with me for weeks. Damn, it was that good.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 09:52 PM
(28-10-2012 08:32 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I watched Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter the other night.

Meh. The action scenes were fun and all, but the storyline was pretty terrible. Not in one of those good silly ways either like I'd hoped. My wife is reading the book right now and she says that the movie changed things for some reason and that the book is far better so I'll give that a go eventually I guess.
The movie spent little to no time at all on actual character development so I had nothing invested in the characters. Normally in a movie like this that wouldn't bug me because these movies are supposed to be pretty cheesy, but they tried harder but not hard enough. They left me wanting more.

5 out of 10.

Yeah, same review except my wife isn't reading the book. I didn't expect amazing, but I did expect fun, and I didn't get it. The vampires weren't very intimidating and the action scenes were over the top while remaining lackluster.

Still, it was 10 times better than Lincoln the Zombie Slayer. Double meh.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-11-2012, 02:17 AM
The Expendables 2

For what it was suppose to be, cheesy story lots of explosions people blowing shit up, I quite liked it.
The cameo's on Arnold and Chuck were knifty, and the a couple lines relating other movies some of the actors like Bruce are famous were somewhat humorous.

For a "blow shit up" film I thought it hit the spot.

Looper.

wow, nice movie.
Highly recommend it.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Skyfall.

Not bad. I'm liking Craig... kinda Connery-esque with the darkness / flawed hero thing going on.

Predictable as ever. Chick roles as per formula.
But the "she's the chick who'll end up dead' actress did "fear" very well with the whole trembly-lip and twitchy-eye thing.

Gay bit made the audience giggle uncomfortably. That was new but even then there is always a bit that is intended to make us squirm (e.g. the chair/naked/torture scene in Royale).

It seemed like a "transitional" tale like a second book in a trilogy. No problem with that as it was done well.

The problem was, as ever, that I couldn't give two shits about any of the characters.

Best bit: The Scottish panoramics... I could smell that morning moor air.

I was surprised by the ending though... killing off Bond like that after revealing he was actually a woman in disguise. Didn't see that coming.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-11-2012, 02:30 PM
The Amazing Spider-man
I'm not even sure how I feel about this movie. I'm full of mixed emotions about it.
First things first: Spider-man is my all-time favorite comic book hero. Yet, when this movie came out this past summer, I didn't really have an urge to go see it. This is unusual for me. I'm typically there the opening weekend for a movie like this.
So I watched this the other evening on Demand. I enjoyed it, but I was not overwhelmed by it. All throughout the movie I kept asking myself, "Why don't I love this movie?" I couldn't put my finger on anything bad, I just didn't connect with it like I normally would.
Things I liked:
I thought the actors were better choices for the characters than the ones Sam Raimi used. While I loved the last series of Spider-man movies, Toby Maguire annoyed the hell out of me and I was so happy that he wasn't in this movie.
I thought they did a much better job telling the "origin story."
I've been in love with Gwen Stacy since I was 13 or 14 and was devestated by her death at the hands of the Green Goblin. So I was really happy to have her be Peter's first love interest instead of MJ.
The Lizard's story has always been a tragic one and I thought they did a pretty decent job portraying it.
I loved that Peter made his own webshooters instead of the organic webbing out of his wrists that the other movies used. That annoyed me almost as much as Toby Maguire.
I felt the webslinging was portrayed better than the Raimi movies.
I think my mixed emotions came down to this:
The Amazing Spider-man is less of a blockbuster action movie than it is more of a character study of a young hero learning who he has become, and falling in love along the way. There is more human emotion, in my opinion, and less action.
This doesn't make it a bad movie at all. I think I was just surprised to see that it wasn't all action and little plot.
I'm going to give it 7 out of 10 stars. If I wasn't a huge Webhead, I might take it down to to a 6.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-11-2012, 03:08 PM
(14-11-2012 02:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I was surprised by the ending though... killing off Bond like that after revealing he was actually a woman in disguise. Didn't see that coming.

Damn you, DLJ. Couldn't you even say SPOILER ALERT? Now there's no point in going to see the movie. Angry

Some people . . .

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
14-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Lawless: God old rot gut whisky stills in the hills family adventure.
Ultra violence with Di Caprio playing a really great villain cop.
15-11-2012, 09:45 PM
I saw Wreck-It Ralph last week. First I have to say the previews were highly deceitful. The way it was presented in advertisements made it seem to be about a video game bad guy who doesn't like his job and travels through different games to find his place in the world. He only game-jumped twice; the first time he was only there for a very short time, and the second time it was by accident and he never left until the end. He only went anywhere to get a medal, not to find his way or anything.

I found the characters and their interactions extremely predictable. As soon as they introduce the little girl, you know exactly what is going to happen. Basically, the girl doesn't fit in the game, and needs to win the race. The villain tries to stop them, but Ralph becomes a hero by beating him and helping her win the race. There were some funny moments, and the best part was the "Hero's Duty" game. It started off seeming like an original idea, but it became just-another-Disney-movie by the time Ralph got into the candy land.

Very disappointing.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
16-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I just watched The Avengers. Mmmn... Gwynnie in shorts... other stuff happened, but I don't much remember. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-11-2012, 10:17 AM
paranorman 7/10