RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I need to see more movies. Seriously.

~ themanchicken
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 01:09 PM
The Dark Night Rises.

Pretty fantastic way for Nolan to end his series. I wasn't looking forward to the Bane character at all as he doesn't much resemble his comic book roots, but I ended up actually enjoying him. The Catwoman character while sexy, was pretty unnecessary and it may have served the ending better to have focused that energy into the 3rd rock kid all things considered, but it all meshed together nicely anyways.

I like this one second best out of the 3 with the first one taking the cake for me. The second one seemed to really suffer from the Harvey Dent character.

Anyways good movie, enjoyed the twist that I should have seen coming.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
19-11-2012, 01:28 AM
http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles...d-of-conan

Well, fuck me sideways and spin me around, I've never thought I would live to see this, again.

Hell motherfucking yeah!

2014, here we come!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
19-11-2012, 01:29 AM
I watched Frankenweenie recently and the movie was not so bad, so I’ll give it an 8/10.

Solar Panel Cleaning & Gutter Cleaning
19-11-2012, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 12:07 PM by kim.)
I like this new Bond fellow, Daniel Craig... just found out his birthday is the day before mine and though he's a teeny bit younger, I'm certain I don't mind. He seems to wear his mileage interestingly enough to sustain my attention. Bond is supposed to think quickly so the character is not completely changed but this one... is not perfect. He gets dirty, he gets hurt, there is a certain acknowledgement of the absurdity of it all that seeps through with this Bond. The women are only accessories or distractions, as usual... something to be worked around or injected into the business of plot... so, the new film gets 7+ of 10 from me. Thumbsup Thumbsup

I saw a film called Seven Psychopaths. It's a homespun art-house film about passionate natures. The charming cast of characters include Colin Farrell as a screenwriter, Sam Rockwell as his friend Billy, dear Christopher Walken as Billy's business partner, Woody Harrelson as Charlie who owns a cute little lost dog named Bonnie, and Tom Waits with a bunny rabbit. There's something for everyone in this beautifully told complex tale of visual poetry... and lots of alcohol, guns, and blood. I don't know what a perfect 10 would be so, it gets 8+ of 10 from me. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

I saw a film called Searching for Sugar Man a British/Swedish documentary about a virtually non-existant American folk/rock/protest singer named Rodriguez, who reportedly committed suicide and gained Dylan/Elvis-like acclaim in mid-70s, Apartheid South Africa. One critic said, "... a hugely appealing documentary about fans and an enigmatic musician who burned bright and hopeful before disappearing." Yes, that... and I desperately want this guy's two albums - or at least this soundtrack!! The film reveals the media black outs and internal governmental struggle of Apartheid South Africa. One finds it is indeed possible for humanity to put inhumanity into perspective, deal with it, and move on. This film made me feel pretty fucking great and since it is a documentary it gets a 10 from me. Hey - Rock & Roll - what can I say? Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-11-2012, 12:38 PM
(19-11-2012 12:02 PM)kim Wrote:  I like this new Bond fellow, Daniel Craig... just found out his birthday is the day before mine and though he's a teeny bit younger, I'm certain I don't mind. He seems to wear his mileage interestingly enough to sustain my attention. Bond is supposed to think quickly so the character is not completely changed but this one... is not perfect. He gets dirty, he gets hurt, there is a certain acknowledgement of the absurdity of it all that seeps through with this Bond. The women are only accessories or distractions, as usual... something to be worked around or injected into the business of plot... so, the new film gets 7+ of 10 from me. Thumbsup Thumbsup

I saw a film called Seven Psychopaths. It's a homespun art-house film about passionate natures. The charming cast of characters include Colin Farrell as a screenwriter, Sam Rockwell as his friend Billy, dear Christopher Walken as Billy's business partner, Woody Harrelson as Charlie who owns a cute little lost dog named Bonnie, and Tom Waits with a bunny rabbit. There's something for everyone in this beautifully told complex tale of visual poetry... and lots of alcohol, guns, and blood. I don't know what a perfect 10 would be so, it gets 8+ of 10 from me. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

I saw a film called Searching for Sugar Man a British/Swedish documentary about a virtually non-existant American folk/rock/protest singer named Rodriguez, who reportedly committed suicide and gained Dylan/Elvis-like acclaim in mid-70s, Apartheid South Africa. One critic said, "... a hugely appealing documentary about fans and an enigmatic musician who burned bright and hopeful before disappearing." Yes, that... and I desperately want this guy's two albums - or at least this soundtrack!! The film reveals the media black outs and internal governmental struggle of Apartheid South Africa. One finds it is indeed possible for humanity to put inhumanity into perspective, deal with it, and move on. This film made me feel pretty fucking great and since it is a documentary it gets a 10 from me. Hey - Rock & Roll - what can I say? Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Agree totally re. Bond.

And I love the song "Sugar Man" and many of his songs (not overly impressed by the doc, though).

I caught Total Recall on the flight yesterday. Only to avoid all the comic hero trash like Spiderman, Avengers and Batman that was being highlighted and because I remember the Arnie version being ok.
This was much better than expected and Colin Farrell was pretty damn good.
A few twists on the previous version made it interesting but generally it was well-done nonsense.

I also saw the first half of Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Hard to know what to say. Writers must have smoking something.

20-11-2012, 10:31 PM
The Sweeny

Fucking great movie.
Go watch it, it's fucking great.

[Image: oscar.png]
20-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Snow White and the Huntsman.

It wasn't what I expected. By that, I mean I liked it more than I thought I would. There aren't a whole lot of plot surprises because this is a fairly well known fairy tale. It is more in keeping with the original version that predates the bastardized Disney version. I know there are a lot of K-stew haters...meh, I'd do her. But Charlize Theron...she can cast a spell on me any day, baby.

The movie dragged a bit. Looked spectacular. Had some good and bad fight scenes. And the ending...well, you know the story, but there was something that I was expecting to happen at the end that didn't happen, and I for one really liked it that way. Thumbsup

Three out of Five is my usual...I made it through without hating it. This is above that, but not quite a 4 which indicates I loved it.
So I end up giving it 3.5 out of 5 Netflix stars.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Don't be dissin' the Kristen. Angry

She's the only reason I watched that movie, but I'd give it a 4/10. It was boring as fuck. Tongue

Total Recall? The heck with Colin, I'm all about the Kate in that movie. 8/10

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-11-2012, 01:08 AM
I watched the amazing spider 3d it was really awesome and the 3d effects are so amazing. The story is meaningful and I rate this movie 7/10.