Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
06-12-2012, 05:44 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I just got done watching "Vanishing on 7th Street". It was fucking bizarre. It's the first film in a long time that truly disturbed me (the concept sounds elementary in theory, but when watching, it's just plain unsettling). It had several good jump-scares (doubly-effective if you're watching on a laptop and your face is 2 feet from the screen), and the ending had me asking 'What the fuck did I just watch?"
Probably 8/10, simply because it should have been longer and more fleshed-out. But if you're looking for a movie that'll make you sleep with the lights on (I actually might, lol), it's definitely a 10/10.

The trailer makes it look stupid and campy, but it's really not. It's a film that's scary because of the concept and how it plays out; which is in a very subtle, very suspenseful way.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 11:03 PM
(05-12-2012 01:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale

No, it's not about LGBT Soldiers. And it's not about Christian Bale's 2nd cousin Seediq.

It's a beautifully made bloody movie about the indigenous people of Formosa and their fight against Imperialist Japanese occupation. Think Apocalypto meets Red Dawn (the original since I haven't seen the remake yet. Wolverines!) and you'll have a pretty good feel for the film.

I believe there is a 4 1/2 hour version, but Netflix has a streaming version that's around 2 hours. I'd give it 4 out 5 Stars, but you have to read it, so it gets knocked down to 3.8 out of 5 stars. Smile

So just watched the 4 and a half hour version.
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Guess what I have, bitches! 2 tickets to Hobbit. Oh yeah! Wednesday 19:30, premiere in Croatia, I already have my tickets and I'm all ready to go! Go, go, go!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
07-12-2012, 03:15 AM
(07-12-2012 12:10 AM)Filox Wrote:  Guess what I have, bitches! 2 tickets to Hobbit. Oh yeah! Wednesday 19:30, premiere in Croatia, I already have my tickets and I'm all ready to go! Go, go, go!
Just remember when you're watching it, I was raised and lived (and my parents still do) within 10kms on that.
07-12-2012, 05:40 AM
(07-12-2012 03:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 12:10 AM)Filox Wrote:  Guess what I have, bitches! 2 tickets to Hobbit. Oh yeah! Wednesday 19:30, premiere in Croatia, I already have my tickets and I'm all ready to go! Go, go, go!
Just remember when you're watching it, I was raised and lived (and my parents still do) within 10kms on that.
Oh I know, I know very well, you motherfucker, you lucky, lucky bastard, you son of a bitch, you...

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
07-12-2012, 08:21 AM
[Image: lol-you-jelly-bro.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-12-2012, 11:13 AM
I wonder how badly Jackson'll fuck this one up.
It would be hard to fuck it up worse than he did LOTR.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
(07-12-2012 11:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
I wonder how badly Jackson'll fuck this one up.
I'm already confused as to how he's going to make three lengthy movies out of the hobbit. I will not see them in theatres but I might put on my eye patch to give them a fair shot.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
(07-12-2012 11:39 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm already confused as to how he's going to make three lengthy movies out of the hobbit. I will not see them in theatres but I might put on my eye patch to give them a fair shot.
You can't be serious? There are going to be three movies? That's beyond milking it.

I can only pray to all the nonexistent gods, that he doesn't decide to try his chubby hand with The Silmarillion.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
(07-12-2012 11:39 AM)lucradis Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 11:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  I wonder how badly Jackson'll fuck this one up.
I'm already confused as to how he's going to make three lengthy movies out of the hobbit. I will not see them in theatres but I might put on my eye patch to give them a fair shot.
He is apparently going to add some stories from some lesser known works, e.g. the story of Gandalf and the Council ousting the Necromancer from southern Mirkwood.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]