Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-12-2012, 06:41 PM
(10-12-2012 03:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 02:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You're the one that likes Elf and Scrooged. Girl_nails
yes Erx, we've been over this already. do you have your helmet and bib on? We don't need another accident like the last time you got all confused.

I'm I'm no mood to be trifled with. The LOTR movies are some of the best movies ever made. Ever. Deal with it, bitch.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-12-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(10-12-2012 06:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 03:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  yes Erx, we've been over this already. do you have your helmet and bib on? We don't need another accident like the last time you got all confused.

I'm I'm no mood to be trifled with. The LOTR movies are some of the best movies ever made. Ever. Deal with it, bitch.
Yeah, if you're 15 years old and haven't read the books. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2012, 06:55 PM
And if you're 47 and have read them 3 times.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-12-2012, 06:59 PM
(10-12-2012 06:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And if you're 47 and have read them 3 times.

Maybe you'll understand them the 4th time. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
What does understanding the books have to do with enjoying the movies? Movies aren't a book report, they're entertainment. Girl_nails

~Izel
11-12-2012, 05:45 PM
(11-12-2012 05:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  What does understanding the books have to do with enjoying the movies? Movies aren't a book report, they're entertainment. Girl_nails

When someone makes a movie from a book, if it is not true to the spirit/ideas/themes of the book then it is not a good movie of the book - and it should not be touted as such.

If Jackson (or anyone) wants to make a movie sorts, kinda like the book, fine. But don't give it the same title, don't claim it's that story. It's dishonest. It's misguided. It's stupid. It's lazy.

He fucked up the story. If you enjoyed them, fine. They pissed me off, and Jackson is an asshole.

11-12-2012, 05:48 PM
(11-12-2012 05:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  What does understanding the books have to do with enjoying the movies? Movies aren't a book report, they're entertainment. Girl_nails

I'm with you bro.

I can't watch the theatre-release versions and yes, the Scouring omission was a disappointment but the extended editions are not to be mocked.

(DLJ, aged 48, read the books every other year since aged 15)

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Someone had their Cheerios peed in. Girl_nails

~Izel
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
(11-12-2012 05:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  When someone makes a movie from a book, if it is not true to the spirit/ideas/themes of the book then it is not a good movie of the book - and it should not be touted as such.

If Jackson (or anyone) wants to make a movie sorts, kinda like the book, fine. But don't give it the same title, don't claim it's that story. It's dishonest. It's misguided. It's stupid. It's lazy.

He fucked up the story. If you enjoyed them, fine. They pissed me off, and Jackson is an asshole.
'Cause you're silly. I never did go and see them. And don't intend to. Needless annoyance - avoided. Cool

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
11-12-2012, 05:50 PM
(11-12-2012 05:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

I'm with you bro.

I can't watch the theatre-release versions and yes, the Scouring omission was a disappointment but the extended editions are not to be mocked.

(DLJ, aged 48, read the books every other year since aged 15)
Are you with Erxy or with me? It wasn't clear.