Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
12-12-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(11-12-2012 06:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nekulturny oafs.
That has got be one of the weirdest things I've seen in a while. Almost like vamoose (but not nearly as stupid). You, guys, tying to hard to persuade the world that you are aware of the existence of other languages...

Also, no way in non-existent hell can you compare Fleming and Tolkien. Puhlease!

I know I've posted this before, but homosexuals can't... what? Hobo

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Tonight is the night, I'm going to see the Hobbit... Lalalalala...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
12-12-2012, 06:59 AM
(12-12-2012 02:22 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 06:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nekulturny oafs.
That has got be one of the weirdest things I've seen in a while. Almost like vamoose (but not nearly as stupid). You, guys, tying to hard to persuade the world that you are aware of the existence of other languages...

Also, no way in non-existent hell can you compare Fleming and Tolkien. Puhlease!

I know I've posted this before, but homosexuals can't... what? Hobo

Please explain the error of my ways, O Balkan Language Goddess of My Dreams. Bowing

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 07:27 AM
(12-12-2012 06:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please explain the error of my ways, O Balkan Language Goddess of My Dreams. Bowing
Which one in particular do you want explained? I don't have that much time on my hands. Drinking Beverage

Seriously, though, it's funny how you pinch words from other languages, irregardless (Laughat ) of how weird they look (and sound) when used in an English sentence.

(A Brazilian guy once told me I had the body of a Greek goddess. Man, those guys are funny. They actually believe the stuff they say Rolleyes )

12-12-2012, 06:21 PM
(12-12-2012 07:27 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 06:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please explain the error of my ways, O Balkan Language Goddess of My Dreams. Bowing
Which one in particular do you want explained? I don't have that much time on my hands. Drinking Beverage

Seriously, though, it's funny how you pinch words from other languages, irregardless (Laughat ) of how weird they look (and sound) when used in an English sentence.

(A Brazilian guy once told me I had the body of a Greek goddess. Man, those guys are funny. They actually believe the stuff they say Rolleyes )

That's what English does! We mug other languages and take what we want. Imperialist Linguistics.

13-12-2012, 12:27 AM
I saw Hobbit. Interesting. The movie is made a bit differently than LOTR is. LOTR is more dark, serious and hard, while Hobbit is a bit more ... like a work of Tolkien. To all those that think LOTR movies did not follow the books, or changed too much, I think that Hobbit should be more satisfying. Not as good as LOTR, but still a great movie. What I liked in the movie is the easiness that floats around, I do not think that a lot of people will like this, but I quite enjoyed it, it was just what I wanted, a more relaxed movie, easier. It was in Real3D and this time the 3D was made excellent, it was a real pleasure to watch it, much better than Avengers in 3D.

There are quite a few details in the movie that are connected to the LOTR and One Ring to Rule them All, so there are explanations, stories, doubts, all is good. I loved the Radagast character.

-Hunter S. Thompson
13-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(13-12-2012 12:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  I saw Hobbit. Interesting. The movie is made a bit differently than LOTR is. LOTR is more dark, serious and hard, while Hobbit is a bit more ... like a work of Tolkien. To all those that think LOTR movies did not follow the books, or changed too much, I think that Hobbit should be more satisfying. Not as good as LOTR, but still a great movie. What I liked in the movie is the easiness that floats around, I do not think that a lot of people will like this, but I quite enjoyed it, it was just what I wanted, a more relaxed movie, easier. It was in Real3D and this time the 3D was made excellent, it was a real pleasure to watch it, much better than Avengers in 3D.

There are quite a few details in the movie that are connected to the LOTR and One Ring to Rule them All, so there are explanations, stories, doubts, all is good. I loved the Radagast character.

Now the question remains, how long will it take for Chas to tell us he hates it? Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 01:20 AM
I think he might even enjoy this movie without too much negativity. Except for the Radagast character, I have a feeling this movie is right out of the book. Oh, and it is 3 hours long, so they made every single detail, there are even a few dwarven songs they sing along, just like in the book. I had a feeling I was watching a musical...

-Hunter S. Thompson
13-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Yeah, but it's just The Hobbit. Not Lord of the Rings or Silmarillion. People do not usually feel as strongly about The Hobbit. Yes

13-12-2012, 07:06 AM
(13-12-2012 03:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, but it's just The Hobbit. Not Lord of the Rings or Silmarillion. People do not usually feel as strongly about The Hobbit. Yes
I feel pretty strongly about The Hobbit. It is Book 0 of the 4 book LOTR trilogy. Consider

The LOTR trilogy is actually 5 books in 3 volumes.