Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
13-12-2012, 07:07 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(13-12-2012 01:01 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 12:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  I saw Hobbit. Interesting. The movie is made a bit differently than LOTR is. LOTR is more dark, serious and hard, while Hobbit is a bit more ... like a work of Tolkien. To all those that think LOTR movies did not follow the books, or changed too much, I think that Hobbit should be more satisfying. Not as good as LOTR, but still a great movie. What I liked in the movie is the easiness that floats around, I do not think that a lot of people will like this, but I quite enjoyed it, it was just what I wanted, a more relaxed movie, easier. It was in Real3D and this time the 3D was made excellent, it was a real pleasure to watch it, much better than Avengers in 3D.

There are quite a few details in the movie that are connected to the LOTR and One Ring to Rule them All, so there are explanations, stories, doubts, all is good. I loved the Radagast character.

Now the question remains, how long will it take for Chas to tell us he hates it? Drinking Beverage

Well, I'll have to see it first. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2012, 07:08 AM
(13-12-2012 07:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 03:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, but it's just The Hobbit. Not Lord of the Rings or Silmarillion. People do not usually feel as strongly about The Hobbit. Yes
I feel pretty strongly about The Hobbit. It is Book 0 of the 4 book LOTR trilogy. Consider

The LOTR trilogy is actually 5 books in 3 volumes.
Nah, even Tolkien wasn't too happy with it and the style. Not saying it's bad, of course, but it's not Lord of the Rings. Nor Silmarillion. Now that I'd hate to see fucked up.

BTW, have you read his short stories and Roverandom? Pretty cool and funny.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Anyway, am I the only one that has gone and saw the movie? No one went to see the Hobbit? Why? What's wrong?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(14-12-2012 12:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  Anyway, am I the only one that has gone and saw the movie? No one went to see the Hobbit? Why? What's wrong?

It won't be released here until tomorrow.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-12-2012, 04:23 AM
(14-12-2012 12:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  Anyway, am I the only one that has gone and saw the movie? No one went to see the Hobbit? Why? What's wrong?

I've just come back from it.

This cinema in Bangkok has beds! Awesome.

50 US$ per ticket but food and drink (and popcorn) served to us.

Best part... Gollum, of course.

Filox's (now to be known as Fili) review was pretty much spot on but he forget to give a shout out to Dame Edna.

Note to Chas...

Do NOT watch this movie!

The 'transformers' scene will piss you off.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-12-2012, 04:28 AM
I've just seen it.

It was like "going on an adventure".

I saw the mountains and the transformer rock robots fighting and I have cut off the Great Goblin's head. I have flown with the eagles and I will kill the dragon!

I enjoyed it.

Angel oi
[+] 3 users Like Lalida's post
14-12-2012, 05:56 AM
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the transformers fight. Shit, why was that necessary, were stone giants even in the book? Anyway, that was stupid, yes. And that singing... Luckily for us, there was not that much singing as I feared it will be, when they first started. Even while reading the book, I was skipping those songs, never was much of a poet, nor do I appreciate the poetry.

Chas, I think that the movie can be good for you, if you can disregard that one scene. So just cut out 5 minutes from 3 hour long movie (in your head) and you're golden.

Smile

P.S.
DLJ, who the fuck is Edna? Did you enjoy the bed, you, god-damn you, you... Grrr... Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
14-12-2012, 07:08 AM
It had its first showing here at 12:01AM today. I was watching the Geminids.

14-12-2012, 07:11 AM
(14-12-2012 04:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

I've just come back from it.

This cinema in Bangkok has beds! Awesome.

50 US$ per ticket but food and drink (and popcorn) served to us.

Best part... Gollum, of course.

Filox's (now to be known as Fili) review was pretty much spot on but he forget to give a shout out to Dame Edna.

Note to Chas...

Do NOT watch this movie!

The 'transformers' scene will piss you off.

Thank you. I appreciate your concern for my gentle sensibilities.
I know that you are concerned for me.

But how can I complain about it if I don't see it?

Transformers? WTAF?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-12-2012, 07:14 AM
(14-12-2012 05:56 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the transformers fight. Shit, why was that necessary, were stone giants even in the book? Anyway, that was stupid, yes. And that singing... Luckily for us, there was not that much singing as I feared it will be, when they first started. Even while reading the book, I was skipping those songs, never was much of a poet, nor do I appreciate the poetry.

Chas, I think that the movie can be good for you, if you can disregard that one scene. So just cut out 5 minutes from 3 hour long movie (in your head) and you're golden.

Smile

P.S.
DLJ, who the fuck is Edna? Did you enjoy the bed, you, god-damn you, you... Grrr... Tongue
Yes, the stone giants were in the book. They were fighting in the storm in the mountains before the group hid in the cave, then captured by orcs, ...

So, if that is the 'transformers', I'm good with it.