Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
21-04-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Saw Oblivion today. Was pretty decent all things considered. The critics weren't impressed so wasn't expecting much but I was entertained. Sure the story was pretty thin but Tom Cruise shined and was amused by his slow journey to the truth of who he was working for and who the "scavengers" were. 8/10 for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 04:14 PM
The Lorax. 2/10

I had to sit through it because my younger cousin is one of those crazy "Onceler fangirls".

Four words - the fuck is this shit?
The movie is boring, the story is boring, the characters are boring.
It's not funny (but tries oh so hard to be), it's not entertaining, and it completely misses the point of the original story.
[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post
28-04-2013, 12:06 AM
I finally saw "Cruel Intentions." I am pissed. I didn't have much hope for this movie, though.

What the hell?! It was nonsense. Of course many movies from the 90's were super cheesy, but this one...GAH! Horrible acting and predictable storyline. I'm sure this is one of those "classics" that many couldn't stop talking about at the time it came out because there was girls kissing each other and a step brother and sister fighting sexual tension. It was so different and new back when.

I guess watching it 16 years after the original release makes me laugh; I've seen way "out there" films that blew my mind. Perhaps that's a reason I found this one to be so obnoxious: Even though the shock concept thing was still new (ish) for the mainstream, it was POORLY executed.

1/10
I only give it 1 star simply because Reese Witherspoon was in it. I still love her, even though she was in a terrible movie.
Angry

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
28-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Watched Big Fish again recently. Forgot how wonderful and sad that movie was. Ewan Mcgregor is amazing

9/10

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
28-04-2013, 12:34 AM
(21-04-2013 04:14 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Four words - the fuck is this shit?

Try again Tongue

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
28-04-2013, 12:47 AM
(28-04-2013 12:06 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I finally saw "Cruel Intentions." I am pissed. I didn't have much hope for this movie, though.

What the hell?! It was nonsense. Of course many movies from the 90's were super cheesy, but this one...GAH! Horrible acting and predictable storyline. I'm sure this is one of those "classics" that many couldn't stop talking about at the time it came out because there was girls kissing each other and a step brother and sister fighting sexual tension. It was so different and new back when.

I guess watching it 16 years after the original release makes me laugh; I've seen way "out there" films that blew my mind. Perhaps that's a reason I found this one to be so obnoxious: Even though the shock concept thing was still new (ish) for the mainstream, it was POORLY executed.

1/10
I only give it 1 star simply because Reese Witherspoon was in it. I still love her, even though she was in a terrible movie.
Angry

That movie is hot.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
28-04-2013, 12:52 AM
A documentary called Kumaré: A True Story About a False Prophet.

A filmmaker assumes the identity of an Indian guru to show how gullible people can be manipulated by the power of religious suggestion. Sort of think: Borat With A Meaningul Agenda.

I give it 1.5 Thumbsup out of Thumbsup Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-04-2013, 10:25 PM
(28-04-2013 12:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  A documentary called KumarĂ©: A True Story About a False Prophet.

A filmmaker assumes the identity of an Indian guru to show how gullible people can be manipulated by the power of religious suggestion. Sort of think: Borat With A Meaningul Agenda.

I give it 1.5 Thumbsup out of Thumbsup Thumbsup

Yup, I had a thread about this actually. No one looked at it. You bastards. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Seen on the plane, so hardly a big screen experience...

8/10 Django Unchained.
A really good 'homage' movie with a few new angles. Liked it.

I also saw the first two episodes of Game of Thrones just to find out what you guys have going on about.
I won't bother watching any more.

30-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Superman Unbound: 5.5 /10
Not bad, nothing special though. I'd rate it as mediocre, I'm not going to go buy it however.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.