Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
13-05-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Man I haven't see this in ages Heart
1. I always wanted to make a room in my house look just like that tank's driver's compartment Smile
2. I used to crank up the speakers to this scene loud enough to shake the foundation over how much I loved the sound effect of those 2-legged "retrievers" Tongue
Clu program: $49.95 U.S.
Master Control Program: 1.5 Million Euro
Jeff Bridges screaming like a girl?: ...PRICELESS

Tron 5/5 Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 07:26 PM
I heard Iron Man 3 has lots of Gwynnies. Still haven't seen it.

Last cool flick I seen was Hotel Transylvania. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Just saw Iron Man 3

Half naked Gwynnies too.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-05-2013, 04:13 AM
Iron Man 3.
I HATE IT!
I loved the first two, Avengers was pretty good, but this?

The storytelling and the entire first act make no sense whatsoever. Have this scriptwriter and directer never heard of "SHOW, NOT TELL"?
Everything is said out loud. In the first movie I genuinely believed Tony was scared during his hostagetaking and when Yensin ran off.
In the 2nd movie, his approaching mortality and usurping from all sides were visible.

Now in this movie they spell it all out.
And even at that: None of it makes any sense. He was a total bad-ass in Avengers, but now when it's all done he's becoming scared? There wasn't even a hint of fear in the character in the Avengers movie.

But that's just the first act.
Then there's the blatent rip-off of Mandarin being a rehash of last year's Moriarty in Sherlock.
And to add insult to injury: You don't make the pacifist a fighting bad ass! Really? Pepper? Who in the comics only used an unarmed Iron Man suit to help people out of burning buildings now is an avenger herself? No! That's terrible!
And the grand finale? The Clean Slate Protocol?
What the hell was that for? We KNOW he's going to be back for Avengers 2 anyway.

Please let Jon Favreau come back.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
26-05-2013, 04:30 AM
(01-05-2013 04:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki 15/10 10 stars

If you have never seen it stop what you are doing and track it down. One of the all time great films animated or otherwise. The storytelling is wonderful and the characters are deep.

Watch everything you can from Hayao Miyazaki, especially if you have children. Some of his later work I think is not so great - I didn't like Kiki's delivery service much, and Ponyo has its problems despite being basically a good film. My favourite is still NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Winds, but Howl's Moving Castle is also excellent as are Porco Rosso and Laputa Castle in the Sky. Most of his films are about young girls finding their way and growing into adulthood, and he has a deft touch. Most of his films deserve several viewings.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-05-2013, 04:36 AM
I watched the following on the way to Madrid:
* Wreck it Ralph - 8/10 good kids fare, and by that I mean for adults also
* The expendables 2 - 5/10 good moments here and there, but a bit of a snooze fest
* Hitchcock - 8/10 primarily an exploration of a man's relationship with his wife, trust etc. Enjoyable, and the worst I can really say about was that the ending was a little too neat... but this was consistent with the american style of movie making and could be seen as part of the tribute to style of the man himself.
* Lincoln - 8/10 the story of the 13th amendment to the US constitution. A bit heavy-handed in some places but overall very good.

I hope they've changed the movies by the time I go home. I think I've watched all the films I saw in the list that took my fancy. #firstworldproblems: I'm in a miracle tube flying across oceans and continents as fast as the earth itself is turning, travelling in comfort and style... but I just can't find a good movie to watch...

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-05-2013, 11:18 PM
(25-05-2013 06:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just saw Iron Man 3

Half naked Gwynnies too.

Really? Consider I didn't notice her being half naked. I did notice they didn't have her in the suit nearly enough. I want one of those suits. Dodgy

Good flick.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-05-2013, 06:13 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588173/?ref_=sr_1

Warm bodies

So, this was pretty strange. This a zombie movie. No, it is not like something you ever seen. It is a romantic zombie movie. And it is seen through the eyes of a zombie. All the other movies we have about zombies are viewed through our eyes, but no one ever showed what zombies feel and how do they see their world and us humans.

AWESOME!!

Big Grin

8/10

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Finally saw Iron Man 3. It's the bestest. Of course, I'm biased. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2013, 08:35 AM
You can tell that Favreau didn't direct this one. I thought one and two were better.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post