Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
04-06-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Glory.
Pretty bloody good.
Can't say I saw them all dying at the end, but my American Civil war history extends to "there was an American civil war, it was about slavery" and that's it.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Another Earth
Directed by Mike Cahill
Written by Mike Cahill & Brit Marling
Starring Brit Marling & William Mapother
7.2/10

This was okay. A peculiar premise like this is usually all I need to stay interested, but Another Earth is a little too subdued. The film explores an interesting idea: what life would be like without your biggest mistake.

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
08-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Moonrise Kingdom

From Wes Anderson of Royal Tenenbaums, Darjeeling Limited, etc. fame.

Cute movie. Same quirky feel as his previous films. Lacks a bit on the completely zany storytelling he usually puts out, but given the storyline it's understandable. Great casting and great performances (Bruce Willis, Edward Norton both playing non "typical" roles). I'd say it's worth a watch.

4/5 stars.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
08-06-2013, 10:49 PM
(04-06-2013 12:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Glory.
Pretty bloody good.
Can't say I saw them all dying at the end, but my American Civil war history extends to "there was an American civil war, it was about slavery" and that's it.

Glory was part of my curriculum to watch in high school. Great flick. The only caveat being Ferris Beuller as the lead. Laughat

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
11-06-2013, 08:52 PM
End of Watch
3.5/5

Here's what I expected: Gung ho LA cops bust Mexican Cartel and Cartel goes apeshit on the boys in blue until the end when the cops pop caps in all of their asses.

It was not what I expected. Well yes, they are Gung ho cops, and yes, there is a Mexican Cartel. But it was so much more. Lots of great buddy dialogue and a bit of a window into the violence of South Central LA. Great cop story.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-06-2013, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 04:18 PM by Ferdinand.)
Wreck It Ralph

DON'T LAUGH AT ME

It was a really good movie for a film a lot of people would call a kids animated movie. Had a lot of common arcade games and video game characters (Pacman, Mario, Street Fighter, etc.) A couple of dramatic twists and dynamic characters with distinct personalities, broad conflicts, and changing goals. For some reason, characters in movies, books, or even games play a big roll in grabbing my attention-- especially making animations/cartoons with realistic behaviors. Hit the core of the movie head strong, and ended wonderfully.

Heart

(03-09-2014 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ferdy is a female with testosterone levels that wouldn't surprise me if her clit was bigger than GirlyMan's little limp dick. And Hughsie thinks he's male but his fatass hasn't seen his pecker in years.
13-06-2013, 04:08 PM
(13-06-2013 04:02 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  [u]Wreck It Ralph[/u]

DON'T LAUGH AT ME

It was a really good movie for a film a lot of people would call a kids animated movie. Had a lot of common arcade games and video game characters (Pacman, Mario, Street Fighter, etc.) A couple of dramatic twists and dynamic characters with distinct personalities, broad conflicts, and changing goals. For some reason, characters in movies, books, or even games play a big roll in grabbing my attention-- especially making animations/cartoons with realistic behaviors. Hit the core of the movie head strong, and ended wonderfully.

Heart

It had better be good, I ordered the blu-ray solely on your recommendation remember. Yes

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-06-2013, 04:09 PM
(13-06-2013 04:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 04:02 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  [u]Wreck It Ralph[/u]

DON'T LAUGH AT ME

Heart

It had better be good, I ordered the blu-ray solely on your recommendation remember. Yes

#pussywhipped

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-06-2013, 04:21 PM
(13-06-2013 04:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 04:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  It had better be good, I ordered the blu-ray solely on your recommendation remember. Yes

#pussywhipped

#canyounot

Shocking

(03-09-2014 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ferdy is a female with testosterone levels that wouldn't surprise me if her clit was bigger than GirlyMan's little limp dick. And Hughsie thinks he's male but his fatass hasn't seen his pecker in years.
13-06-2013, 04:23 PM
(13-06-2013 04:21 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 04:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  #pussywhipped

#canyounot

Shocking

#mybuttonstuckican'tstopineedprofessionalhelp