Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
29-04-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
[img=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477302/]Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close[/img]

Fantastic movie, top5 of all time IMO.

Fantastic story and makes you smile and laugh and cry over and over. Great movie, watch it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Going to sound lame likely, but saw The Green Lantern and I actually loved it! Would say it gets a 6 seeing as I was not really into the Green Lantern.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
01-05-2012, 06:13 PM
The Last Air Bender
Negative Infinite

Not even joking, this movie was complete and utter rubbish.
01-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Drive, pretty good movie and soundtrack. I could relate to the main protagonist a bit, character wise, not what he does for a living.
8/10

chan chan ki sikin aman
[+] 1 user Likes Crusher's post
05-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Saw Underworld: Awakening. Give it an 8. Action was redeemable for it. Was a bit disappointed with the coven's pathetic state. Otherwise...was not so much a focus on war with the humans like I anticipated.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
05-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Porco Rosso. 9/10. One of the best Ghibli films out there. Freakin' awesome.

A pig's gotta fly.

[Image: opforum1.png]
05-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Chronicle: Three high school friends gain superpowers after making an incredible
discovery. Soon, though, they find their lives spinning out of control
and their bond tested as they embrace their darker sides.

9/10

I wasn't expecting much from this from movie, but it turned out to be amazing! I didn't see a few plot twists coming which is rare. Relatively unknown actors but they did a great job. The one thing I loved the most was how the movie was shot and framed. It's all shot from the perspective of these kids documenting their lives with handheld cameras.

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
05-05-2012, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 04:11 PM by kim.)
Raven. Or maybe it was The Raven... not sure and it didn't really make me care.

Can't really say it completely sucked, after all it was about Edgar Allen Poe and starred John Cusack. But uh... well... the cinematography was fantastic. Yes

Ok, now I can say it; other than John Cusack and the cinematography, it sucked. The writing seemed like an afterthought and nothing was put together well. And though they they appeared to try, the authenticity was uncomfortable at best. Period piece -how do you not get that?

Maybe I had my hopes set too high.
Maybe it will play better on the small screen... hopefully, it will head mercifully, straight to DVD soon.
No

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I will purposefully dodge that movie.
When I heard about it I was all like "How do you make a movie about a fairly long and excellent poem involving a bird and a man?"
Then I read the synopsis and was all like "Huh?"

I like John though, even though he has an enormous head. Like it's massive. Not his ego, his actual head. For some reason the internet won't let me find an image of John Cusack wearing a hat. Maybe his publicist is going around destroying all images of him in a hat.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
05-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Yes, he is of the big fat noggin variety. They say that works well on film, and I've noticed many successful film stars also have big fat noggins.

I'll never be a film star with my teeny tiny puzzler. Blush

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post