Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-06-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(26-06-2013 03:56 PM)Caveman Wrote:  
(26-06-2013 10:08 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  (RDJ is almost 50 now and probably can't do this much longer).
Age really doesn't come into it in Hollywood.

Have you seen The Expendables?
Yeah but the difference is that RDJ is talented enough to act in dramas and comedies once he retires from doing blockbusters. He's been nominated for two Oscars. The cast of The Expendables really can't do much else other than action. I mean sure, Stallone's been nominated for Best Actor, but none of them are really thespians. Plus, even though those are good movies (I adored the second one), they're really novelty films; they're not bringing back any careers or anything, and they're certainly not reviving a subgenre of action cinema.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2013, 03:27 AM
(26-06-2013 06:39 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  
(26-06-2013 03:56 PM)Caveman Wrote:  Age really doesn't come into it in Hollywood.

Have you seen The Expendables?
Yeah but the difference is that RDJ is talented enough to act in dramas and comedies once he retires from doing blockbusters. He's been nominated for two Oscars. The cast of The Expendables really can't do much else other than action. I mean sure, Stallone's been nominated for Best Actor, but none of them are really thespians. Plus, even though those are good movies (I adored the second one), they're really novelty films; they're not bringing back any careers or anything, and they're certainly not reviving a subgenre of action cinema.

They are absolutely not great movies.
They are absolutely terrible.
Also, they might not restore careers, but they earn money. A lot of money.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
28-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Dune.

Yuck. I blame Rev and DLJ for making me watch that... 3 hours!!!! IT WENT ON FOR 3 HOURS!!!!! 0H THE HORROR!!!

Scarface.

Meh at best. I watched it just for that line anyway ("say hello to my little friend"), but that line wasn't until the very end...
The main dude was much better in the Godfather. Godfather was a better movie too.
28-06-2013, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 02:40 PM by ghostexorcist.)
Conspiracy (2001)

5/5

This is a joint BBC/HBO production about a meeting between the various governmental and military heads of the Nazi regime in 1942. They discuss the "final solution" regarding the ultimate fate of the Jews. It is extremely well acted, with plenty of heated debates between people who want to kill all the Jews and those who think they should live (but be purged from Germany).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2013, 02:46 PM
In theaters: World War Z.
Creepy. Well done. But distressing. I've decided I do not like this genre of movie. And I really don't like seeing children in danger.

At home: Here Comes the Boom
Kevin James plays a teacher who becomes an MMA fighter to raise money to save his school's music program. Stupid, but funnier than it has any right to be.
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
29-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Oh yeah, Here comes the Boom is awesome!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-06-2013, 06:58 AM
(28-06-2013 02:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Dune.

Yuck. I blame Rev and DLJ for making me watch that... 3 hours!!!! IT WENT ON FOR 3 HOURS!!!!! 0H THE HORROR!!!

Which one? The 1984 movie or the 2000 miniseries?

(28-06-2013 02:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Scarface.

Meh at best. I watched it just for that line anyway ("say hello to my little friend"), but that line wasn't until the very end...
The main dude was much better in the Godfather. Godfather was a better movie too.

The main dude.... Al Pacino has done a lot of great movies.
He was great in The Devil's Advocate.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
29-06-2013, 08:04 AM
The 1984, but I downloaded the 2000 miniseries at the same time, haven't gotten around to watching it yet though.
Hopefully it's a bit better then it's 80's counter part..

I'll have to download some more of movies.
29-06-2013, 10:36 AM
(29-06-2013 08:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The 1984, but I downloaded the 2000 miniseries at the same time, haven't gotten around to watching it yet though.
Hopefully it's a bit better then it's 80's counter part..

I'll have to download some more of movies.

I told you it was a very 80's movie and wouldn't make sense, still a classic sci-fi.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-06-2013, 03:54 AM
Well. I decided in spirit of the TV show(Hannibal), I would rewatch "Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal" over again. Here are my ratings for the three films. I saw Silence of the Lambs first, but will review these films in the order of how they go in the story.

Red Dragon: 7/10

Edward Norton did a good job with this remake of "Manhunter". It was a bit campy, and Anthony Hopkins's age didn't help the film, but it was enjoyable. Still, Anthony as Dr.Hannibal Lecter gave me chills, and he was still very good in the role. The plot was amazing, and I was invested in the story. However, Lecter, who I confess was the main reason I even bothered to watch the movies in the first place, was a minor character, at best. I wish that they would have included him more.

Silence of the Lambs: 10/10

This has got to be one of the best fucking movies I have seen in my entire life. It was chilling, it was gruesome, it was clever and really convincingly acted. The plot was intriguing, and unlike Red Dragon, the killer (Buffalo Bill) was disturbing to me. Of course, the main sell was Dr. Hannibal Lecter. He captivated me with every word, every blink, every facial gesture and every single twitch and smile. Anthony Hopkins did a FANTASTIC job with him. When I first saw him, I had the sense that this thing wasn't human. He was one hundred percent predator. From the way he spoke to the way he moved.

And that fucking escape. That was badass. Jodie Foster did an amazing job as well, as did the rest of the cast and crew in this amazing motion picture.

Hannibal: 8/10

Finally, a movie where it is about Hannibal! Nope. This movie slightly disappointed me with the little time that was devoted to him, but it nonetheless was compelling, and well done. Ridley Scot(t) directed this one, and it definitely doesn't start out like what I imagined it would. But this is a good film, and it has the Hannibal I wanted to see, out and about. I liked it better than Red Dragon because it was definitely more creepy and eye cringing than the others.

I bought the book too, and I much prefer the book's ending to the movie's, but I can understand why they changed it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.