Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
30-06-2013, 04:13 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(28-06-2013 02:31 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Conspiracy (2001)

5/5

This is a joint BBC/HBO production about a meeting between the various governmental and military heads of the Nazi regime in 1942. They discuss the "final solution" regarding the ultimate fate of the Jews. It is extremely well acted, with plenty of heated debates between people who want to kill all the Jews and those who think they should live (but be purged from Germany).

Ok, so I watched it.
It pretty much describes something that matches something that we've been taught in history class, choices were made and actions were taken.

Especially the part of destroying all the evidence of the meeting.
I know holocaust-denying is illegal, but this always kind of gets to me.
The victorious conquering americans found 1 piece of evidence in an archive, years later, from which they pieced together all this history.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2013, 04:29 AM
I watched Olympus Has Fallen. Not a bad movie. Sure, it's a bit stupid, Korean terrorist attack the White House, everything burns, a bit unrealistic that anything like this could actually happen, but the movie was packed with action and Gerard Butler, so it is pretty good.

Then I watched Redemption with Jason Statham. Also a good movie, full of action, beating and more action. Typical J. Statham movie, not bad.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-06-2013, 05:52 AM
Olympus has Fallen

Terrible movie, just another shoot-em-up.

Tried to be Die Hard when Dylan McDermott pretended he was just there coincidentally.

Angela Bassett was just terrible.

And all the god bless america, repeated ad nauseam.

I did like the Monty Python reference though.
United People's Front of Who-gives-a-fuck was clearly a reference to United People's Front of Judea

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
30-06-2013, 11:29 AM
If you like shoot-them-up movies, then it is not terrible, it is a good movie.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-06-2013, 12:41 PM
(30-06-2013 11:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  If you like shoot-them-up movies, then it is not terrible, it is a good movie.

Big Grin

True, but after all the publicity I saw for it, and Morgen Freeman being in it, I thought it might be a slightly more intelligent movie. I was expecting a thriller.
That's my kinda movie.

So I was quite disappointed.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
05-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Re: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Hunger Games.

3/6

Was decent enough. Don't quite get the hype lol
05-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Man of Steel

4/5

Finally, a proper reboot. Yea yea, lots to nitpick... some editing weirdness (odd cuts), lack of chemistry between Cavil and Adams (I absolutely hate her as Louis, though I like her in other films), and plot holes.

Overall though, this movie is poised to be a great franchise. Cavil is a believable Superman. That's almost exactly how I would imagine a real-world Superman. And man, dude got completely jacked for this part. I need his trainer. And I must say, Michael Shannon stole the show. His part as Zod is reason enough to watch the movie. Top notch acting.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Source Code 3.5/5

Don't normally take movie recommendations from a teenager, but this one wasn't bad. No spoilers from me; just watch it. If not the whole thing then the science-fictional element of it is worth a little of you time Smile

06-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Limitless 8.5/10

Great movie, good story, nice effects, good acting. It was just an unpredictable story, something I'd never seen before along with relatable fiction. Loved it.

[Image: godtroll.php]
13-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Running Scared (1986)

4/5

This buddy cop comedy stars Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines as two Chicago cops who are forced to go on vacation after a botched sting results in the death of a fellow officer. While in Key West, they decide to retire and open a bar; however, a drug dealer that they had arrested gets out on bail and vows to kill them. This gives them 30 days to catch him before their official letters of resignation are recognized and they lose their badges.

I've known about this film for years, but never watched it. This I truly regret. Both Crystal and Hines have great chemistry, and combined, their comedic talents are elevated to great heights. Here is an example of a funny scene from the film:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user