Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
16-07-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Django Unchained 9/10

Gotta hand it to Quentin as this is a great movie. Nothing like a bit of revenge Big Grin
I like the way he cameo's in his movies - like Hitchcock always did.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
16-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Lone Ranger

3/5

Some cheap laughs. Mindless story and action sequences. Throw all realism out of the door on this one. Just imagine a live action cartoon.

I love Johnny Depp, but I'm getting bored of his character roles. Let's mix some realistic roles in there for a change Johnny. You have the chops to pull of serious roles dude.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
17-07-2013, 05:05 AM
(16-07-2013 08:28 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Lone Ranger

3/5

Some cheap laughs. Mindless story and action sequences. Throw all realism out of the door on this one. Just imagine a live action cartoon.

I love Johnny Depp, but I'm getting bored of his character roles. Let's mix some realistic roles in there for a change Johnny. You have the chops to pull of serious roles dude.

Well, there is always Fear And Leathing In Las Vegas. Why would he ever need to make a serious and realistic movie after that masterpiece?

Sleepy

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
18-07-2013, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2013 05:52 AM by Juppers.)
8 1/2 (Federico Fellini, 1963)

2/5

I know I will draw the ire of every single film buff on the face of the planet, but claiming to have liked this film or understood why so many people fawn over it would be lying. This was the first film that made me cry out of sheer frustration. Halfway into it I was literally counting the seconds left until the end. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of seeing this influential masterpiece that has inspired countless filmmakers from every generation since, let me sum it up: there's this guy who's making a film. In the meantime, he has a romp with a married woman, argues with his estranged wife, fantasizes about a beautiful woman, and everybody is intent on not allowing him to have one moment of peace to himself. That's about it. Well actually it isn't, because the "reality" of the film is interspersed with random memories, dreams and flights of fantasy that ultimately reveal nothing about what the character thinks or feels, it just makes it all feel confusing, pointless and aloof. It is a well-directed film, I'll give it that, but I simply did not get it on any level. It didn't seem to make a point, it had no plot, no character development, no emotional pay-off, and not enough going in the visual department to keep you hooked. At some point I caught myself thinking that the only purpose of the film is to derive catharsis from making you feel glad when it's over.

Oh, and there's one line of dialogue that pretty much describes the entire movie: “I really have nothing to say, but I want to say it all the same.”

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Recently I’ve been watched Epic, awesome animation movie really enjoyed while watch this…Story tag is really meaningful. I rate this movie 8/10.

I like to know about forex trading tips
20-07-2013, 01:28 PM
The Conjuring 8/10

I had high hopes for it being one of the scariest movies ever, but it fell a bit short.

It was entirely theistic (there was a quote at the end saying how god and satan are real), and it also said that it was based on a true story.

In the movie the paranormal investigators have a ton of cameras set up, but I could not find any photo/video evidence of the actual possession.

So, I am just going to say that none of it ever happened.

Decent movie though.
20-07-2013, 01:31 PM
The Memory Keeper's Daughter: 5

Just read the book.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Hansel and Gretel Get Baked!

If I had been wearing pants, this movie would've blown them off me. I was expecting some hokey stoner movie...an it was. But for some reason, I really liked it! Perhaps it was because I too was baked. Nonetheless, I give it 3 out of 5 for surprising me.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-07-2013, 04:42 PM
The Avengers

3/5

Perfectly fine action movie. Lots of eye candy. Wish the female character had been more interesting than hot with a tiny pistol.

Bah. Anyway, fun for what it is.
21-07-2013, 04:45 PM
(21-07-2013 04:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hansel and Gretel Get Baked!

If I had been wearing pants, this movie would've blown them off me. I was expecting some hokey stoner movie...an it was. But for some reason, I really liked it! Perhaps it was because I too was baked. Nonetheless, I give it 3 out of 5 for surprising me.

Try this one, Erx! I'll let you rate it Big Grin
[Image: SAND_SHARKS_-_DVD2D_Temp.jpg]