Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
03-08-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(03-08-2013 10:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Like is it actually scary? Most of the "scary" movies that have come out recently have sucked. Like the Purge was totally awful from what I heard.

I wouldn't say it was massively scary. It's hard to know though, different people get scared by different things.

It was defo creepy though. I would recommend it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 11:24 AM
(03-08-2013 10:14 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The new Wolverine move that came out. Honestly, it wasn't good. It wasn't bad, either. It was just okay.

A big disappointing okay. Sad

He literally got his ass kicked the majority of the movie, and 1/3rd of the time he didn't even have his regen factor, which shows how much weaker he is without it. I'd give it a 5/10, just being nice because I love Marvel though.

We should've seen The Conjuring.

I thought the same thing. You would think a guy with 150 years of fighting experience would be able to move around and take out groups of people even without a regen factor. Plus, he still had the benefit of a metal skeleton. The people punching and kicking him should have had broken bones after that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2013, 12:47 PM
(04-08-2013 11:24 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I thought the same thing. You would think a guy with 150 years of fighting experience would be able to move around and take out groups of people even without a regen factor. Plus, he still had the benefit of a metal skeleton. The people punching and kicking him should have had broken bones after that.

I wish they put more effort and more factual Marvel material into the movie. I love Wolverine, but it's like they didn't put in enough thought. The majority of the movie, girls are fighting for him.

Dodgy
04-08-2013, 07:50 PM
(04-08-2013 12:47 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 11:24 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I thought the same thing. You would think a guy with 150 years of fighting experience would be able to move around and take out groups of people even without a regen factor. Plus, he still had the benefit of a metal skeleton. The people punching and kicking him should have had broken bones after that.

I wish they put more effort and more factual Marvel material into the movie. I love Wolverine, but it's like they didn't put in enough thought. The majority of the movie, girls are fighting for him.

Dodgy

That's because of the feminists, lol Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
(04-08-2013 07:50 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That's because of the feminists, lol Tongue

Pffffffffffffft
05-08-2013, 01:59 AM
Watched Compliance recently. Excellent film.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1QQUXDA6RM...hisHelpful

Quote:This film is based on a true story, and it certainly is easy to forget that the events are simply a dramatisation of actual criminal events that occurred throughout the United States in recent decades. The performances are so poignant and authentic that it is easy to lose oneself in the stream of events. The tension and pacing is nearly flawless, and there are no slow or dull portions within the film.

The premise of the film (and crimes) is simple: call a fast food joint during the week's busiest day, present yourself as an upstanding member of law enforcement, and accuse an entry-level employee of theft. The rest writes itself as the demands escalate beyond what one could reasonably accept as procedure (isolating the suspect and searching their belongings).

Where did the criminals come up with such schemes? Most likely the experiments conducted by Stanley Milgram in the 1960s to test how far ordinary people will go when instructed to hurt people (the "victims" of this study were confederates who merely acted out the effects of electrocution). In most circumstances, under the guidance of a "trustworthy" authority figure, over 60% of experimentees showed they were willing to inflict fatal shocks to their victims. Unsurprisingly, being under orders allows one to distance themselves from the deed and resulting consequences.
05-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Rise of the Gaurdians
7 out 10
Rent don't buy good Christmas movie for the squirts
06-08-2013, 09:47 PM
This Is the End (2013)

3/5

This movie was not as funny as I would have liked. There were really funny moments, and then there were long periods without laughter. I have a feeling that being drunk and/or stoned would have elevated the comedy. It had an interesting take on the rapture. I liked how everyone played asshole versions of themselves, especially Michael Cera. Emma Watson was a cutie as usual.
06-08-2013, 09:53 PM
The Wolverine...

On a scale from Abysmal to StarTrek:IntoDarkness... its a solid 6.5

I don't understand how it was over 2 hours and still didn't have enough of a story line to give a fuck. Also don't know why he can kill dozens of people and as long as there's only like 4 scenes with minimal blood, its rated PG.
06-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I've seen The Exorcist shocking I know. Maybe it's a blind thing but I was bored, I fell asleep half through. 2