Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
28-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Re: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I just watched Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes.

It had a very interesting first half full of cool quips and foreshadow hints... But I wasn't fond of the films later direction.

Id just go 5/10 on a rate scale

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2013, 08:23 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
The last movie I watched was Insidious 2.

I liked the first one and I may have jumped once in the second one but over all the movie completely sucked. Scary movies are just getting worse as time goes by.

2/10

[Image: 2rnh7ra.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2013, 11:23 AM
(28-09-2013 07:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Last week, my choice, World's End... 7/10

I'm with Filox, I liked it a lot. Subdued British humour with an odd twist or two that you'd expect (in a good way) from the team who created Sean of the Dean and Hot Fuzz.

My flatmate liked it too... enough action/physical comedy to make up for the lack of subtitles for her.

Today, her choice, Frozen Ground... 6/10

Nic Cage played Nic Cage as a cop. Not as irritating as his action roles.
John Cusack ... always dependable; solid performance and some nice neurotic twitchiness.
The girl who played the girl. I'd not seen her before. She wept a lot and seemed to struggle with some poor writing but not bad.
She reminded me (physically and emotionally) of Lalida (from TTA) except Lalida has bigger boobs Tongue I mean that in a nice way.

My flatmate's comment: "I think serial killers should be publicly executed as an example".

If you are interested Vietnam has execution by lethal injection for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_pun...in_Vietnam quite a bit more than the usual murder, treason etc. but they are not public.

Leaving aside your stance on capital punishment, does anyone here agree with that? The public bit, I mean.

Meanwhile, and I'm too lazy to make this a new thread, which of you guys pay for sex?
If you say you don't, you are lying!

E.g.
At lunch time, she says "let's go and eat".
I say, "OK, are you buying?".
She gives me that simpering I'm-a-girl look and said "I'm a cheap date".
I said "OK, this time I'll keep a running total", thinking I would prove her wrong.

Soooo....
Lunch in Chinatown (tourist prices); 2 x trousers (pants) impulse buy, leaving Chinatown; taxi; movie (+popcorn etc); taxi; Thai massage and then frog-dinner in Chinatown (again).

Total (for both of us) = $228.

Fair enough, she was right. That was not bad for a 7 hour date.

My reward? Fuck all.

But the movie was good.

Now this is what I call a movie review!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
30-09-2013, 11:40 PM
RED

10/10

Machine gun wielding Helen Mirrin, nuff' said.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-10-2013, 12:31 PM
You do realize that there is already RED2, right? As I heard, not as good as this one, but hey...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
01-10-2013, 08:01 PM
World War Z

6/10

Good action, but just like all zombie movies so far, there are ridiculous problems.

SPOILER ALERT!

1. Regardless of HOW the virus controls a person, the infection couldn't possibly spread to enough cells in 12 seconds to cause such a significant change. (Fix: Change this to a couple hours and I would have been okay with it)

2. Muscles need a steady supply of oxygen and ATP to function properly. Brains need a steady supply of oxygen to continue working and sending signals to the muscles. One of the WHO employees mentions that the zombies don't have active circulatory systems. It would be impossible for the zombies to think or move without a working circulatory system. (Fix: Give the zombies a working circulatory system, and make em vulnerable to exsanguination)

3. Zombies sound like birds and dinosaurs... Which is just stupid (Fix: Make them sound like unintelligible human groans/screams)

4. The zombies weren't biting old/weak/sick/terminal humans because they "wouldn't make a good host for the virus"... Seriously?! The zombie doesn't have a limited number of bites/transmissions... It doesn't die after biting a new host. Why would it waste time smelling a person when it could have bitten them and moved on to 10 other people in that time? Also, how do human noses detect cancers and other illnesses?!
01-10-2013, 08:19 PM
(01-10-2013 08:01 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  World War Z

6/10

Good action, but just like all zombie movies so far, there are ridiculous problems.

SPOILER ALERT!

1. Regardless of HOW the virus controls a person, the infection couldn't possibly spread to enough cells in 12 seconds to cause such a significant change. (Fix: Change this to a couple hours and I would have been okay with it)

2. Muscles need a steady supply of oxygen and ATP to function properly. Brains need a steady supply of oxygen to continue working and sending signals to the muscles. One of the WHO employees mentions that the zombies don't have active circulatory systems. It would be impossible for the zombies to think or move without a working circulatory system. (Fix: Give the zombies a working circulatory system, and make em vulnerable to exsanguination)

3. Zombies sound like birds and dinosaurs... Which is just stupid (Fix: Make them sound like unintelligible human groans/screams)

4. The zombies weren't biting old/weak/sick/terminal humans because they "wouldn't make a good host for the virus"... Seriously?! The zombie doesn't have a limited number of bites/transmissions... It doesn't die after biting a new host. Why would it waste time smelling a person when it could have bitten them and moved on to 10 other people in that time? Also, how do human noses detect cancers and other illnesses?!

Love your critique, just watched this one on Sunday. My biggest complaint about zombie movies is one you mentioned. Why are the zombies suddenly able to make inhuman noises now that they are 'undead'? Drives me crazy! Hated that in I Am Legend also.

World War Z did have some great suspense in it though. I totally wanted Brad Pitt's character to ream his wife for making that phone call at the wrong moment lol
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
(01-10-2013 12:31 PM)Filox Wrote:  You do realize that there is already RED2, right? As I heard, not as good as this one, but hey...

Smile

Does the sequel have a machine-gun wielding Helen Mirrin? Then it cannot be less than 9/10 by definition.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Pacific Rim.
It was actually really good. The special effects and costumes all looked really convincing and realistic.
Though it did have it's moment of airy fairy love and other sappy shit, but every movie these days seems too.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
06-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Just watched Insidious 2 the other night. I'll give it an 8/10. It was really good for a moderate suspense film. I liked more of the story they put into it.

I'm pretty sure other suspense paranormal movies have used the aspect of astral plane walking before, but Insidious 1 and 2 gave it a really peculiar twist. The goal was to reunite the family and drive the evil terrorizing them from their house; however, in the first movie, they could not because Daulton was lost in the astral world. In the second, it was because a sociopath named Parker had come back in Josh's body, and Josh was stuck in the astral plane, unable to reunite with his body. The pieces of the story that lead back to Josh's childhood and why he and his family are being terrorized fit in so cleanly. Though it was suspense film, and suspense films are usually cut short because of their genre, I loved the plot for the movies. Understandable, interesting and at times the suspense did get me. Smile

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]