Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-11-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
How have I not done this yet?

Bad Grandpa (a swell modern Comedy, if you're one for public pranks and nostalgia for Jackass)

I'd give it a 9/10. I don't think I went 5 minutes sitting silent. I laughed and/or giggled the entire time.

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
10-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I watched The Purge a couple of nights ago and would give it a 6/10

10-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Thor: The Dark World

Pretty good.
It's even more obvious now that Thor is Marvel's attempt to get the females in.
The movie is about Jane waiting for her giant arian hero who does nothing but pine over her.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
11-11-2013, 04:01 PM
I saw Thor: The Dark World last night. It was quite entertaining, and worth the money. There were several things I didn't like about it, but they were minor details and didn't take much away from the movie. Overall it was very actiony with a decent plot, good characters (for the most part), and special effects that would make Michael Bay proud.

Now, in the tradition of being more vocal about what you don't like versus what you did;

The second-last movie I saw was Man of Steel (superman movie). Whoever directed it should have their artistic license revoked. I know that's not what the phrase means, but someone should invent it and then revoke his. Apart from the total lack of character development, the film jumped between past and present constantly. We start with the past, then jump ahead a few decades, then go back to childhood, then present, then childhood, then present, then childhood, then present... Oh, the plot is developing finally? Time to switch to an event in the guy's childhood where nothing relevant to the plot is displayed except the "I'm an outcast" point that we're all very much aware of after the first time. It reminds me of that GI Joe film where we're trying to follow a plot but keep being interrupted by Snake-Eye's back story. The events of the film aren't terribly interesting because apparently our hero is invincible. He gets beat and blown up and gets what - a scratch on his cheek? It seems there's no threat to him, only disposable background characters who are already dying in the hundreds at some points.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
11-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Enders Game:

7.5/10

Obviously quite a bit had to be cut from the book, and some changes were made. They must have lacked the actor base of 6 - 10 year old geniuses, so they cast teens instead. I really enjoyed seeing and comparing the visuals to what I imagined in the book(s). Character development was lacking a bit, and so my favorite character(Bean) was left rather undeveloped.

Good movie over all. Worth checking out.
11-11-2013, 09:11 PM
The last movie I saw was Ted. I'd give it a 7.5/10. I found myself laughing a lot, but I hated the ending. A film cliche that I would be happy to never see again would be the death fake out, and if feel that either they should have kept out the fact that he died at all, or not bring him back in the end. It really ruined the movie for me.
17-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Just finished the Carrie and just no way. I rate it a 4.2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Prisoners. 10/10.

Nuff said.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-11-2013, 09:51 AM
"Atlas Shrugged - Part II"

Rating - if there were a grade less than "F", I would surely award it.

What a hunk of tripe...and a direct, pointed insult to a wonderful novel.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
18-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Gravity. Loved it. 9/10, I found myself thinking about it for the whole week. It was a great blend of effects and emotion that kept me there and made me want to go back.