Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
23-11-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
The Ninth Gate 3/10

An older one I had never seen but was on Amazon Prime for free so I watched it last night with the wife.

Starring Johnny Depp and directed by Roman Polansky.

Perfectly awful!!!

Boring as hell, and when it almost got to the part with the cheesy Satanic orgy nuthun good even happened. The ending was anti climatic and unresolved. Was overall stupid, and I wish I had listened to my gut and stopped watching 30 minutes into it, but I didn't.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Europa Report. 7/10.

It was an ok sci-fi, with kind of crappy graphics. I liked it more than I should have because of the subject matter.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
23-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Blackfish. 10/10
Depressing, completely ruined sea world for me, but very good.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-11-2013, 11:10 PM
(23-11-2013 10:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Blackfish. 10/10

Yeah I saw that. Turns your stomach that they get away with what they do. Shortening an intelligent life by over 2/3's just so people can gawk at them and watch them do tricks.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
23-11-2013, 11:25 PM
(23-11-2013 11:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 10:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Blackfish. 10/10

Yeah I saw that. Turns your stomach that they get away with what they do. Shortening an intelligent life by over 2/3's just so people can gawk at them and watch them do tricks.

Not to mention make billions. And the flat-out lies.... Disgusting
24-11-2013, 01:44 PM
(05-07-2013 11:56 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hunger Games.

3/6

Was decent enough. Don't quite get the hype lol

Just ran across this on Amazon TV. So I liked it and all. Woody Harrelson plays a great ... well Woody Harrelson. And who the fuck knew Donald Sutherland was still alive. But was it intended to be a remake of The Running Man? 'Cause that's what it was. Big Grin

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-11-2013, 06:07 PM
(14-11-2012 02:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Skyfall.
Predictable as ever. Chick roles as per formula. ...
I was surprised by the ending though... killing off Bond like that after revealing he was actually a woman in disguise. Didn't see that coming.

(11-12-2012 05:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Oh, speaking of which, I finally saw Skyfall.... it was much better than Quantum of Solace, and I enjoyed a more personal revenge type story rather than an arch-villain who's trying to take over the world.

Just watched it. I liked it. Predictable, sure. But what Bond film ain't. That's the Bond recipe. Be a mistake to dick with it. Javier Bardem is probably the best Bond villain since Jaws. But that's probably just because Javier Bardem may just be one of the best villains ever period. Don't think he's quite right in the head. Big Grin

I'm digging Amazon Prime. $80/year and I get free shipping and free access to all sorta movies and TV I ain't seen yet.

24-11-2013, 06:14 PM
(24-11-2013 06:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Javier Bardem is probably the best Bond villain since Jaws. But that's probably just because Javier Bardem may just be one of the best villains ever period. Don't think he's quite right in the head. Big Grin

I'm so in love with Javier bardem! Great in sky fall, great villain in no country for old men, can't wait to see him in counselor.

One of my favorite movies... Biutiful. 10/10 one of my all time favorites. It has subtitles and is cripplingly depressing, he is amazing in it. I'm a real sucker for depressing movies though.
24-11-2013, 09:16 PM
(24-11-2013 06:14 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm so in love with Javier Bardem!

You do realize that he will kill you based on the flip of a coin, right?

Girly love him long time. Big Grin

[Image: sumo.jpg]

24-11-2013, 09:19 PM
(24-11-2013 09:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You do realize that he will kill you based on the flip of a coin, right?

Of course, makes him exciting, never a dull moment, he's just so amazingly disturbing. Evil_monster Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post