Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
02-12-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(25-11-2013 04:15 PM)kim Wrote:  This one goes to 11. Mind bludgeoning and painfully realistic treatment of one man's personal experience. 12 Years A Slave is a film adaptation of a memoir published in 1853. My saying anything other than SEE IT would be pointless.

I've been in crush with Chiwetel Ejiofor for many years so it was a no brainer for me to rush out see it. He will need to make space on his award display shelves. As will fellow actor Michael Fassbender and director Steve McQueen.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to see this. I really like him, and have heard great things about this one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Cloud Atlas
This is what I remember most (2:50) Confused

Feel free to tell me what it was about, or I might have to watch it again, sober!

02-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Disney's Frozen

10/10 if you are a fan of Disney movies.
It's Disney- Mom dies….only difference is this time Dad dies too

Great movie for sisters.

loved the animation of the ice castle.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-12-2013, 08:06 PM
So I finally watched Secretary and I blushed the entire time I rated a 7.5
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2013, 02:45 PM
The last film I watched was the remake of Maniac with Elijah Wood. Typically I loathe Hollywood's modern remakes, especially horror (and that new Robocop couldn't look shittier), but this wasn't too bad outside of a couple poor (as in cliche'd) musical choices, it was actually pretty good and for the most part, felt very much like an 80's horror flick.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
08-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Black Robe

Jesuit priest bumbles around New France, 1634, with his Algonquin guides, heading upriver to the mission among the Hurons. Mishaps ensue. Filmed more or less on location as the winter sets in. Very closely based on real events.

The question arises: out of the French, the Algonquin, the Huron, and the Iroquois and Montagnais appearing in the film - who are the savages?

Which is, of course, a trick question. It's the year 1634. All of them are savages!

I loved it. Very beautiful film.
4.5/5

... this is my signature!
08-12-2013, 10:33 PM
(02-12-2013 08:31 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Cloud Atlas
This is what I remember most (2:50) Confused

Feel free to tell me what it was about, or I might have to watch it again, sober!

Sadly, the movie was a mess.

Despite excellent acting (except Hanks, I can't understand his accent) the movie never stood a chance of getting even close to the power of the book.

Read the book. READ THE BOOK.

08-12-2013, 11:24 PM
(04-12-2013 02:45 PM)Skeptic Gamer Wrote:  The last film I watched was the remake of Maniac with Elijah Wood. Typically I loathe Hollywood's modern remakes, especially horror (and that new Robocop couldn't look shittier), but this wasn't too bad outside of a couple poor (as in cliche'd) musical choices, it was actually pretty good and for the most part, felt very much like an 80's horror flick.

I agree. I actually quite liked this movie right until the end when this came from an outside perspective. Also the car scene near the end made no sense.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Thor 2: 9/10 Heart
16-12-2013, 10:05 AM
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

All I could think throughout the film as I tried to blank out my memories of the book after one after another liberty was taken was...

Chas!

Chas!

Chas!

Do NOT see his movie!

The audience enjoyed it and were oohing when they were supposed to ooh! and ahhing when they were supposed to ahh!

Legolas dwarf-surfing was unbearable but most all else was acceptable (once I had forced myself to forget the book).

Odd that I'd always read the dragon's name as sounding like Smorg.