RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Warm Bodies

4/5
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Walking with Dinosaurs (2013 Film) 0/10
Pretty, but awful....I guess you could say PRETTY AWFUL.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
31-12-2013, 01:47 PM
(30-12-2013 04:55 PM)Question Wrote:  Walking with Dinosaurs (2013 Film) 0/10
Pretty, but awful....I guess you could say PRETTY AWFUL.

0/10? Really? How so?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-12-2013, 02:38 PM
(27-12-2013 06:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - 8/10 - much better the second time, need to read the book.

The original Swedish films were the best ... and the second of those films The Girl Who Played With Fire; OH! OH!

I do not care how hard they try with an "American version", they will never come as close to the character of Lisbeth, as what that second Swedish film did.

Also, Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander is a tough act to follow.

The Swedish films stayed very true to the books.
Anj - the Millennium series was great! I have it in my audio books.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
31-12-2013, 04:21 PM
(31-12-2013 02:38 PM)kim Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 06:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - 8/10 - much better the second time, need to read the book.

The original Swedish films were the best ... and the second of those films The Girl Who Played With Fire; OH! OH!

I do not care how hard they try with an "American version", they will never come as close to the character of Lisbeth, as what that second Swedish film did.

Also, Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander is a tough act to follow.

The Swedish films stayed very true to the books.
Anj - the Millennium series was great! I have it in my audio books.

Oooo I forgot about the Swedish movies, they were pretty amazing!
31-12-2013, 04:44 PM
[Image: 51A%2BBiqIU8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

7/10. I'm always leery of movies with a family name in the title (The Klumps, Meet the Fockers, Christmas With the Kranks, etc.), but this was surprisingly enjoyable. It's entirely predictable and unevenly paced, but there are still some excellent comic bits. Probably Jennifer Aniston's filthiest role yet.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes MegaHentai's post
01-01-2014, 03:55 AM
Anchorman 2.

After a 10 year wait, I was expecting something more clever. The first one was funny, and cleverly stupid. The second one still made me laugh, but the series is played out. They shouldn't have made it. The first one was ridiculous, but in a charming way. The second was beyond ridiculous...where it reminded you constantly that this is a film. I couldn't stay 'in' the film. It relied heavily on guest stars making cameos, and Brick Tamland's increasingly unrealistic stupidity (they even added a second, female version). They hyped it up to no end with heavy promotion, and for good reason. On word of mouth alone, it wouldn't have done particularly well - at least I would hope that it wouldn't have. Overall, I'd give it a 3/5.

01-01-2014, 04:31 PM
56 Up - 9/10: This was really interesting. We get a look into how several lives have progressed and changed over the years.

Serenity - 7/10: The wrap up of the Firefly series. I just hated it all had to be smashed into a movie I guess Confused

American Psycho - 9/10: I will never be convinced that this is not a comedy, and a great one at that! Just gets a little over the top towards the end. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return some video tapes Laugh out load

01-01-2014, 05:42 PM
(01-01-2014 04:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  56 Up - 9/10: This was really interesting. We get a look into how several lives have progressed and changed over the years.

I grew up watching this series.
I identified with one of the children... who later ended up as a recluse on Scottish island!
Can you give me an update on him?
Cheers.

01-01-2014, 06:19 PM
(01-01-2014 05:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 04:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  56 Up - 9/10: This was really interesting. We get a look into how several lives have progressed and changed over the years.

I grew up watching this series.
I identified with one of the children... who later ended up as a recluse on Scottish island!
Can you give me an update on him?
Cheers.
Was he he one that ended up homeless for a while? If so, he became active in politics. It seemed he was still dealing with some major psychological issues though. Not sure how much of his political activity was voluntary, and how much of it was an actual job. It was very hard to tell. He played up a lot of what was going on in his life.