Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-01-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(10-01-2014 09:43 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 09:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It is.
If you liked the first you'll like this one for sure.
More action, more dragon and if you haven't read the books and only seen the movies like me it's got a few things that relates to the LoTR movies.

Ya, but if you have read the books it's complete bullshit! I walked out of the theater 30 minutes in as I couldn't watch Peter Jackson destroy a treasured work of art anymore.

Forgive my ignorance, but am I missing something? I read THE Hobbit, and that book took you from the Shire to the very end of Bilbo's adventures! Have other books pretended to be that one, or were there others written before it? Maybe others written since to expound on this or that?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 10:14 PM
(10-01-2014 09:43 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 09:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It is.
If you liked the first you'll like this one for sure.
More action, more dragon and if you haven't read the books and only seen the movies like me it's got a few things that relates to the LoTR movies.

Ya, but if you have read the books it's complete bullshit! I walked out of the theater 30 minutes in as I couldn't watch Peter Jackson destroy a treasured work of art anymore.

And you're a twat for that.

It's a good movie. Because it's not word for word accurate to the book it's based off in noway takes away from it being a fantastic movie.

I don't get this "the books better I hate this movie" crap. It's total bullshit. Why can't people appreciate the movie for the awesomeness that it is and then at the same time appreciate the book for the awesomeness that it is?

I'm sure most movies sway from the original script in some way or a rather, does that mean you're gonna walk out of every single movie??
Scenes get cut all the time for example.

People need to stop being twats about this.
I'd rather seen movies like The Hobbit, with a fantastic story, fantastic cast (Stephen Fry's in this one), fantastic music, fantastic filming, fantastic everything, than some rinse and repeat cookie cutter bullshit action movie with awful fucking story, awful fucking acting and awful fucking music/sound.

tl;dr, Get the fuck over yourself and stop being a fucking twat.

@TheGulegon, yeah that's what these movies are. From the Shire to the Lonely mountain following Bilbo.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-01-2014, 10:28 PM
(10-01-2014 10:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  @TheGulegon, yeah that's what these movies are. From the Shire to the Lonely mountain following Bilbo.

With a ton of other shit that he takes "artistic liberty" with and throws in there to stretch it into three movies so he can mooch more money of an ignorant audience.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
10-01-2014, 10:31 PM
(10-01-2014 10:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't get this "the books better I hate this movie" crap. It's total bullshit.

I concur.
10-01-2014, 10:43 PM
The Hobbit2 , illogical absurd fight sequences, laser pistols and robots would not have felt out of place.

3D imax, best 3D I have ever seen, overall it was great entertainment, must see at cinema.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
10-01-2014, 11:10 PM
I enjoy all Tolkien's works, and the films. Geez guys.

Last film seen:

The Wolverine (Bluray): 7/10

The samurai robot suit was just too much for me.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
11-01-2014, 12:08 AM
(10-01-2014 11:10 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I enjoy all Tolkien's works, and the films. Geez guys.

Last film seen:

The Wolverine (Bluray): 7/10

The samurai robot suit was just too much for me.

That movie could have been SOO much better. I mean, he literally kills like 100 or so people. Why not make it gory? It was just quite the letdown in the end. I would have liked to see him having learned some new fighting techniques.
11-01-2014, 12:14 AM
The Hobbit and Enders Game were two of my all time favorite fiction. Did not bother me at all to see the movie versions. The movie will always be worse than the book...

The one book to movie that I CANT STAND the changes made: Contact. Honestly, the entire point of sending multiple people to validate any claims... Then in the movie they send ONE PERSON? Make the religious NUTCASE from the book into a PRETTY COOL GUY in the movie, and then leave a bunch of important points intentionally vague. WTAF... How dare they dedicate that crap to Sagan so shortly after his passing.
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-01-2014, 01:43 AM
(11-01-2014 12:14 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  The Hobbit and Enders Game were two of my all time favorite fiction. Did not bother me at all to see the movie versions. The movie will always be worse than the book...

The one book to movie that I CANT STAND the changes made: Contact. Honestly, the entire point of sending multiple people to validate any claims... Then in the movie they send ONE PERSON? Make the religious NUTCASE from the book into a PRETTY COOL GUY in the movie, and then leave a bunch of important points intentionally vague. WTAF... How dare they dedicate that crap to Sagan so shortly after his passing.

Dammit, now you're making me not like it! Stop that!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
11-01-2014, 03:34 AM
(11-01-2014 12:14 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  , and then leave a bunch of important points intentionally vague. WTAF... How dare they dedicate that crap to Sagan so shortly after his passing.

Agree completely, pseudo religious crap seeded in that movie.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".