Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-01-2014, 04:28 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Wolf of wall street.

Fantastic. Hard to believe it was 3 hours. DiCaprio is amazing in it. Even super bad did a great job. The ending is a bit hohum but the ride to get there is entertaining as hell.

8.5 out of 10

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2014, 05:18 AM
(10-01-2014 09:49 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Forgive my ignorance, but am I missing something? I read THE Hobbit, and that book took you from the Shire to the very end of Bilbo's adventures! Have other books pretended to be that one, or were there others written before it? Maybe others written since to expound on this or that?

Nope, you're not ignorant.
Muffsy erroneously wrote "books" 'cause he's a fucking ignorant twat.

For those who know the book (singular), I recommend taking a friend who has not read it.

It's easier to ignore they heresy (dwarf-surfing, dwarf on elf lurve-action etc.) when some one beside you is beside themselves with enjoyment.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Re: RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(10-01-2014 09:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It is.
If you liked the first you'll like this one for sure.
More action, more dragon and if you haven't read the books and only seen the movies like me it's got a few things that relates to the LoTR movies.

I don't see how more action is a selling point. I don't dislike the Hobbit from swaying from text, I think its massively subpar to the Lord Of The Rings films because the Hobbit has been a cartoon flying around camera nonsense adventure. It took all of the feel of making a real world out of the originals in favor of cheesy computer graphics.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
11-01-2014, 07:05 AM
(11-01-2014 06:49 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
More action, more dragon and if you haven't read the books and only seen the movies like me it's got a few things that relates to the LoTR movies.

I don't see how more action is a selling point. I don't dislike the Hobbit from swaying from text, I think its massively subpar to the Lord Of The Rings films because the Hobbit has been a cartoon flying around camera nonsense adventure. It took all of the feel of making a real world out of the originals in favor of cheesy computer graphics.

It's normally not, but the biggest complaint (well second behind people having a fucking cry about how it's not word for word accurate to the book) I've herd about the first one was a severe lack of things happening.

[Image: oscar.png]
11-01-2014, 07:18 AM
(11-01-2014 12:14 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  The Hobbit and Enders Game were two of my all time favorite fiction. Did not bother me at all to see the movie versions. The movie will always be worse than the book...

Nuh-uh! Twilight. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Last film I saw was Olympus Has Fallen.

Some good martial arts in it, full of cheesy "'Murica!" symbolism and many a cliche. I quite liked it Smile I like watching films with stuff getting blown up.

7 out of 10

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
11-01-2014, 01:17 PM
(11-01-2014 07:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's normally not, but the biggest complaint (well second behind people having a fucking cry about how it's not word for word accurate to the book) I've herd about the first one was a severe lack of things happening.
I quite liked the first movie, didn't think it dragged on at all.

I think it was for a less mature audience than LOTR, similar vein to the book, Hobbit was written for little children.

My one criticism though is that the music score is too similar to LOTR. I would have preferred more seperation as I've already watched 10-11 hours of movie with that score.

Personally I love Jackson's directing style, I would have preferred him to do something different rather than invest a further 6-8 years in another LOTR story.
Bad Taste II would be awesome, much better than LOTR or Hobbit.
11-01-2014, 04:43 PM

I mean really, this is all I need to know, and I haven't seen it yet. 10/10 Laugh out load but seriously I do plan to see it as soon as it's out on BluRay. I haven't read the books, and I've enjoyed all of the lotr movies, and the hobbit.
13-01-2014, 03:25 AM
The Desolation of Smaug

8/10

I thought it was slightly less catchy than An Unexpected Journey, but still a lot of fun.

Mild spoiler warning:
In the last scene, the dragon flies away and says:
I am fire
I am death

And all I could think was:

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
13-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Carrie 1/5 Carrie with Hit Girl 4/5. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]