Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Today, 03:58 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Mad Max : Fury Road

Bit late to the party on this one, but finally saw this last night.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of the Mad Max movies, like I've seen them, but I couldn't tell you much about what happens, [Other than that bit with sharp boomerang that cuts off a guys fingers], but I knew this one serves as a soft reboot/sequel to those ones, and regardless of the movie it's related too, is supposed to be very good.

For those not in the know, and in fairness I may be waaay off in this, The Mad Max movies are set in some weird dystopian future where the world has gone to shit and out titular hero, Max, is just wandering about helping people who need help, and surviving as best he can in the process.

The start of this movie in particular finds him running away from some scary looking people, and getting caught, only to serve as a human "blood bag" for one of the captives tribe/cult followers. During all this some crazy escape plan is going on from a one armed lady, with a cool looking fake arm, named Furiosa [played by a bald Charlize Theron] who is rebelling against the total batshit ruler of said tribe/cult. It all goes a bit mental, with Max joining the fray and there are explosions/car chases/gruesome deaths a plenty.

Overall I really liked this, in fact it made me want to go back and check out the original movies (which probably isn't a good idea, I imagine they've aged terribly) with the only minus being that it appears the actors are heavily dubbed over at times, which I assume may be down to the engine noise from all the vehicles or something. Either that, or I have terrible hearing.

tlBig Grinr = its good Smile

"It's in the fridge, daddy-o! Are you hip to the jive? Can you dig what I'm layin' down? I knew that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother!" - Willy Wonka
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post