Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
27-12-2012, 07:38 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(26-12-2012 12:49 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I saw The Hobbit yesterday. I think the dwarfs should've been more dwarfy. The film needed more dwarfy dwarfs. Some of them just looked like humans. Not stocky enough. Not dwarfy enough.
The film looked good apart from that, but in general it was disappointing. Very repetitive. Dwarfs fight, dwarfs run, dwarfs fall, dwarfs laugh and argue. Rinse repeat.

I wanted a pony.
No, it didn't. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 11:30 PM
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: 9,5/10

Of Mice and Men: 9/10

The Dark Knight Rises: 7/10

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
28-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Has anyone seen Amour? Just wondering if there are any reactions. I'm planning to see it soon.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
30-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I just watched Hard Candy.

Brilliant film, would recommend it to anyone, especially if you like rather dark films.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
31-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Drawn Together the Movie: The Movie

4/5

This is one of the funniest and raunchiest movies I've seen in a long time. It is definitely what is called a "hard R" (just shy of hentai).
31-12-2012, 11:48 PM
All-Star Superman

2/5

Based on a short run comic book of the same name that was published from 2005-2008. Lex Luthor devises a plan in which Superman slowly dies from overexposure to solar radiation. It is marred by a string of seemingly unconnected events, such as Superman facing arrogant time traveling superheroes, taking a shrunken fish tank-sized Kryptonian city to a new planet, fighting two Kyptonian astronauts that come out of nowhere and leave just as quickly, and taking out a sun-eating robot. There was plenty of character development as far as superman was concerned, but none for any other character (well, Luthor had some at the end). The finale was kind of neat, but the film just didn't work for me.
01-01-2013, 05:05 AM
(30-12-2012 03:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I just watched Hard Candy.

Brilliant film, would recommend it to anyone, especially if you like rather dark films.
You really do like those young girl movies, don't you? Kick Ass, Super. Have you seen God Bless America? Another hot teenage killer girl.

I'm on an Ellen Page movie quest. After I lusted for her as Boltie, I watched Whip It, but it wasn't the S&M movie I hoped for. It was about Roller Derby and I'd give it 3 thumbs up. Not stellar, but fun and a little sexy. Drew Barrymore directed and played the part of the Derby enforcer, taking out the players on the other team. Good times.

Hard Candy is in my Netflix queue as my next movie and probably the first of 2013!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-01-2013, 05:12 AM
(31-12-2012 11:48 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  All-Star Superman

2/5

Based on a short run comic book of the same name that was published from 2005-2008. Lex Luthor devises a plan in which Superman slowly dies from overexposure to solar radiation. It is marred by a string of seemingly unconnected events, such as Superman facing arrogant time traveling superheroes, taking a shrunken fish tank-sized Kryptonian city to a new planet, fighting two Kyptonian astronauts that come out of nowhere and leave just as quickly, and taking out a sun-eating robot. There was plenty of character development as far as superman was concerned, but none for any other character (well, Luthor had some at the end). The finale was kind of neat, but the film just didn't work for me.
I just watched Superman Vs. The Elite. Not a bad little story. Fortress of solitude, Kryptonian Robots. Big showdown around Uranus, or was it Saturn's moons? Consider
Explores the theme between Hero and Vigilante. I gave it 3.5 Netflix stars.

Also watched Justice League: Doom. Batman has files on how to take down ever Justice League member should they ever go rogue. Files get stolen and the hilarity ensues. Okay, maybe not so much hilarity, but lots of action. Doom got 4.5 Netflix stars out of me. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
(01-01-2013 05:12 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I just watched Superman Vs. The Elite. Not a bad little story. Fortress of solitude, Kryptonian Robots. Big showdown around Uranus, or was it Saturn's moons? Consider
Explores the theme between Hero and Vigilante. I gave it 3.5 Netflix stars.

Also watched Justice League: Doom. Batman has files on how to take down ever Justice League member should they ever go rogue. Files get stolen and the hilarity ensues. Okay, maybe not so much hilarity, but lots of action. Doom got 4.5 Netflix stars out of me. Thumbsup

I just watched both of them. They were a lot better than All-Star Superman. I liked JL:Doom the most.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
02-01-2013, 03:01 AM
(01-01-2013 05:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm on an Ellen Page movie quest. After I lusted for her as Boltie...
You perv! She could almost be your granddaughter Dodgy

She was in the first season of my beloved ReGenesis, btw. Just sayin' As well as in the last movie I saw (yeah, I do not watch a lot of movies).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jesus Camp (2006 Film) OFTwify 10 196 12-05-2014 07:51 PM
Last Post: OFTwify
  A Matter of Faith, a new Christian Persecution film by Answers in Genesis DemonicLemon 44 738 05-05-2014 09:56 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Who's the hottest person in film today? Hughsie 60 3,807 16-04-2014 10:36 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Richard Dawkins new film: THE UNBELIEVERS Deltabravo 0 172 15-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Deltabravo
  Drone - a yt short film Grassy Knoll 1 281 05-08-2013 10:05 AM
Last Post: ELK12695
  'Into The Wild' Film Discussion TheLogicalAthiest 9 758 06-03-2013 08:44 AM
Last Post: Likos02
  What is your favourite film of all time? Stefania 57 4,951 01-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: thelittleprince