Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
02-01-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(31-12-2012 11:48 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  All-Star Superman

2/5

Based on a short run comic book of the same name that was published from 2005-2008. Lex Luthor devises a plan in which Superman slowly dies from overexposure to solar radiation. It is marred by a string of seemingly unconnected events, such as Superman facing arrogant time traveling superheroes, taking a shrunken fish tank-sized Kryptonian city to a new planet, fighting two Kyptonian astronauts that come out of nowhere and leave just as quickly, and taking out a sun-eating robot. There was plenty of character development as far as superman was concerned, but none for any other character (well, Luthor had some at the end). The finale was kind of neat, but the film just didn't work for me.
Gotta agree with you there, however Superman VS The Elite was much better. (I need to buy JL : Doom on DVD soon.)

The Wizard (1989) 7/10
Was ok, although it defiantly was just made to promote Nintendo product, but the story was neat.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 04:10 AM
Les Misérables. I read the book many years ago. Saw the musical staged a couple of times in the 90s. It was kind of a cross between the book and the musical - a hybrid, I suppose. I don't know if that's good or bad -it's just different. I loved the book and equally loved musical but they are different animals.

It had a lot more to do with the book than the stage shows I've seen - but not all the book is there. I'm used to staged musicals but the movie just seemed to add a greater degree of realism to this one. I took a friend who was unfamiliar with either and he really got into it - he needed a couple of tissues.

The cinematography was stunning and it's possible the close-up was a bit overused. I do know my friend was astounded by the opening scenes of the ship being pulled to berth and the overall, utter filth and human degradation. I had no problem with the singing - it was as authentic as any musical can be. Several scenes were very moving and some very funny.

Of course, it is completely preposterous to just burst into song with every thought that pops into mind but just knowing this, gives ground to the story. It is an epic story. I'm not certain it was quite pulled off - much of it is there but it felt somewhat fragmented to me. But if you want a good three hour experience, take a friend and talk about it after; that's what theater is about.

Personally, I give it a 7.5 of 10.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Ruroni Kenshin - a splendid movie, plot follows the series pretty much exactly and it all looks damn awesome. The actor is great, the fighting is the best ever. For everyone that loved the series will LOVE this.

http://kat.ph/rurouni-kenshin-2012-brrip...49717.html

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-01-2013, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 02:54 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(03-01-2013 09:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  Ruroni Kenshin - a splendid movie, plot follows the series pretty much exactly and it all looks damn awesome. The actor is great, the fighting is the best ever. For everyone that loved the series will LOVE this.

[...]

http://kat.ph/rurouni-kenshin-2012-brrip...49717.html

Is that Kenshin as in Samurai X? If so, I will definitely check it out. I only saw bits and pieces of the series, but I did see the first full-length film that came out about a decade or so ago. I loved it.

Looper

9/10

I normally give films something out of 5 stars, but this was one awesome film. One of the most original that I've seen in a while.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
04-01-2013, 05:21 AM
Yes, it is Samurai X, Ruroni Kenshin, Batosai the Manslayer, Cross-scared Assassin...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurouni_Kenshin

There is a huge anime series about him, but there was also a 4 part anime about his past, that shit was dark and epic. The movie is about the big anime series, not the OVA (4 part+2 part series).

I see there was a movie about 10 years ago, but I haven't seen that. Do you have any links to it, maybe?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-01-2013, 01:24 PM
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
3D and other effects were enjoyable and I had no problem overlooking supernaturalist beliefs that differ from my own.
I'm well practiced in doing that daily.
If you are not bothered by the volume of Orc bits flying about, it's a good time.
05-01-2013, 05:52 PM
I just saw The Hobbit for the 3rd time last night. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-01-2013, 05:56 PM
(05-01-2013 05:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just saw The Hobbit for the 3rd time last night. Big Grin
It sucked that bad, huh? Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-01-2013, 05:57 PM
(05-01-2013 05:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just saw The Hobbit for the 3rd time last night. Big Grin

So, you've never read the book. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2013, 06:07 PM
(05-01-2013 05:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  

So, you've never read the book. Drinking Beverage
I have an unhealthy relationship with all of Tolkien's works actually. So yes, I've read the book, more than once. The movie is nothing like the book *lol* But ya know what, I enjoyed it anyway Big Grin (That being said don't get me started on the orcs being in the hobbit movie, some things should just stay in the appendices) (And Radaghast the brown, don get me started there either) outside of that it was cute. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post