Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
04-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Re: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
It's a remake of jack the giant killer... But they couldn't use killer in a movie title these days, it's too damning of a word

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
[Image: Inglourious-Basterds-inglourious-basterd...0-1200.jpg]

I watched Inglourious Basterds... But it was on TV. I love this movie and can appreciate anyone who also enjoys it Wink

I'm gonna go ahead and rate it 10/10
Very rarely do I rate a movie that high, but I was thinking back through the most memorable scenes, which is a tough thing to do to narrow down the "best" and found I thoroughly loved each scene that I thought of. So, yeah, it's a 10. (I'm also really sleepy and rambling...)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
09-03-2013, 08:37 PM
(09-03-2013 03:52 AM)Peanut Wrote:  [Image: Inglourious-Basterds-inglourious-basterd...0-1200.jpg]

I watched Inglourious Basterds... But it was on TV. I love this movie and can appreciate anyone who also enjoys it Wink

I'm gonna go ahead and rate it 10/10
Very rarely do I rate a movie that high, but I was thinking back through the most memorable scenes, which is a tough thing to do to narrow down the "best" and found I thoroughly loved each scene that I thought of. So, yeah, it's a 10. (I'm also really sleepy and rambling...)
Inglorious Bastards was on tv?! Lol it must have been like 3 minutes long, with how much it was probably edited. Its a great movei though I totally agree!

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
10-03-2013, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 09:11 AM by ghostexorcist.)
Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

2/5

This movie lacks something that Stephen Chow's previous movies had. Apart from the fact that Chow doesn't act in the film, it's too serious to be a comedy and too funny (at least in parts) to be a drama. It is extremely slow and it butchers the hell out of the original story. Don't get me wrong, I thought some of the changes they made were a fresh take on an old subject. For instance, they initially portray Sun Wukong as a balding middle-aged man dressed in tattered clothes. When he first appears, he gives off a very eerie "I've been down in this hole for so long that I've lost my mind" sort of vibe. One of the few funny scenes involved Wukong flirting with a female character and giving her dance lessons. There is just something hilarious about one of the most powerful beings in the universe trying to get into a girl's pants. There were a few characters that the kung fu crowd will like, such as the guy who channels animal spirits while fighting with demons. When he fights using tiger style, for example, a giant tiger appears behind him. The ending is, I feel, the best part of the movie. I won't give anything away, but just know Sun Wukong reminds us of why he is such a bad ass, and the Buddha reminds us that an enlightened mind wins over brute strength.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2013, 07:38 AM
movie 43.

Worst piece of shit I've seen since my flatmate left a floater the other day.

Thank god for unlimited broadband bandwidth or I would sue the piece of shit studio that made that piece of shit movie for wasting my bandwidth pirating their shitty fucking movie.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
31-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Cloud Atlas - 4/5

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
02-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Flatmate's Revenge

That's not the movie, that's what happened today.

As punishment for getting her to sit through Les Mis she tricked me into seeing something that if i were to find a compliment i would call two dimensional.
No characterisation, a plot written for 5 year old who like to play with action figures (dolls) and acting to match.

Well, she loved it.

My revenge will follow, swiftly and coldly.

The movie: GI Joe
Rating: 0.05 (and that only for the stunt co-ordination)

02-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Batoru Rowaiaru.

A japanese movie about a class of 9th graders put on a deserted island and told to kill each other...

It wasn't actually that bad. 5/10

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-04-2013, 03:30 PM
The last film I saw was Trance with James McAvoy, Vincent Cassel and Rosario Dawson in it.

I'd give it a 3.9 out of 5. Strange but I can't say it's a four, a three, or a 3.5 so this seems the best option lol.

Pretty complicated but satisfying and unpredictable plot for the most part, and good acting, despite some reviews I saw which criticized James McAvoy trying to do "dark" while I thought he was very good.

Some parts are a bit gruesome though and adult just in case you're squeamish (then again I saw Inglourious Basterds mentioned above so I don't think that'll be a problem!)

But yeah, overall I enjoyed it.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
21-04-2013, 12:46 PM
My turn to pic the flick tonight but we were too late to see Django so I picked one I thought my victim flatmate might like... slightly worried about her ability to understand British humour.

We both really enjoyed it and although some of the faster dialogue bits were lost on the her, the relationship-humour appears to be universal.

Stephen Merchant had some great (cringingly funny) lines.

I Give It A Year ... 7/10