Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
18-06-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
The Revisionaries
The Movie: 8 out of 10.
The people they follow in the movie: -9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 out of 10.

I score this a 8 since I thought they were just going to fall down to the usual Evolution versus Creationism debate, which they sort of start with. But your mind will explode when it moves on to Social Studies and the fucked up shit they say.

I looked like this and said this repeatedly:

[Image: image.png]

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2013, 08:27 AM
(18-06-2013 04:58 PM)yumeji Wrote:  The Revisionaries
The people they follow in the movie: -9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 out of 10.

I score this a 8 since I thought they were just going to fall down to the usual Evolution versus Creationism debate, which they sort of start with. But your mind will explode when it moves on to Social Studies and the fucked up shit they say.

I looked like this and said this repeatedly:

[Image: image.png]

THANK ALL THE GODS I DON'T LIVE IN USA.

I've just seen this trailer and now I'm shaking, my head hurts and I want to beat the shit out of someone. Anyone. I'm so fucking angry and upset.

You people have no idea how ABSURD is this Creationism to someone living in Croatia. Or anywhere outside of USA. I still think this is all just a good joke on the rest of the world. I mean, someone is seriously gonna let this idiot be in Board of Education? Seriously? And no one will shoot him? Damn it people, I know at least 5 people (me included) that would literally kill this guy, if he was to put this in school for my kid to learn, like it is the truth.

FUCKED UP!!

Anyway, in a few hours, I'm going to see the Man of Steel. At least that has some evolution in it.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
20-06-2013, 05:30 AM
I watched Man Of Steel. A good movie. Only thing I couldn't figure out is why all of a sudden Supermen kills? And no I am not spoiling anything, you've seen this in trailer. Superman is (or was) like Batman, he refuses to kill anyone, that is what makes him weak and indecisive (but with his own moral standing strong), the main thing I don't like in both Superman and Batman. Rorschach from Watchmen has the good idea about not compromising for anything or anyone. He is the baddest mutherfucker in the whole superhero universe. He deals with scum as scum deserves to be treated with.

So back to Superman, I think I counted about 3-5 millions of dead Metropolis citizens. Half of the city is destroyed, with this, that and while Superman is fist-fighting Zod and his crew. Do they really think that we think the city was evacuated? Or they made a movie about Supermen where he is directly and indirectly responsible for a few millions of dead?

A good movie, I actually like it more this way, when there are dead people around.

Evil_monster

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-06-2013, 03:51 PM
(13-02-2012 03:11 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Reservoir Dogs

Probably the 100th time I've seen it, but it was the last one. Watched it last night with my wife.

Best

movie

ever!

Yeah that was a pretty intense movie! Quite memorable.

Diety Free in Dixieland
23-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Badlands [1973] - 4/4
John Dies at the End [2013] - 1.5/4
Man of Steel [2013] - 2/4
The 400 Blows [1959] - 4/4
Days of Heaven [1978] - 4/4
Bicycle Thieves [1948] - 4/4
Hot Rod [2007] - 3.5/4

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
23-06-2013, 10:55 AM
This is the End 3/5

Considering its just a stupid stoner comedy I was actually quite surprised that I laughed. Am concerned about the pushing of the christian agenda however.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
23-06-2013, 02:58 PM
The Great Gatsby was the last one I saw in theaters (young son, limited babysitting). Loved it, 4.5/5. Loved Luhrman's take on Fitzgerald and thought all the acting was spot on. Hoping to see Man of Steel before it gets out of theater's. All the hype as me, as a huge nerd, excited to see this.

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
23-06-2013, 04:20 PM
(23-06-2013 10:55 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  This is the End 3/5

Considering its just a stupid stoner comedy I was actually quite surprised that I laughed. Am concerned about the pushing of the christian agenda however.

Huh? I don't want my stoners to believing in god - not all of them anyway. Sure, some will probably believe in ghosts or aliens... but that's kind of a given with drugs. Tell us, Hobbit Girl... I kind of want to see it but don't want to find out after where my money went. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
23-06-2013, 04:39 PM
(23-06-2013 04:20 PM)kim Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 10:55 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  This is the End 3/5

Huh? I don't want my stoners to believing in god - not all of them anyway. Sure, some will probably believe in ghosts or aliens... but that's kind of a given with drugs. Tell us, Hobbit Girl... I kind of want to see it but don't want to find out after where my money went. Shy

The title of the movie pretty much gives away what its about. Focusing on who goes where. It's poking fun at the idea while kind of pushing the ideas at the same time... If that makes sense. (trying to talk about it without giving anything away is hard damnit. (I've always had a thing for Seth Rogan and Jay Baruchel anyway so a major plus.) Tongue

If you like stoner and sex joke Rogan style comedies you will want to see it.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
23-06-2013, 04:57 PM
(18-06-2013 04:58 PM)yumeji Wrote:  The Revisionaries

I actually own this on dvd. It is horrifying.

The principle irresponsible fuckers are no longer head of the school board but the shit they were responsible for getting put in place will not come up for revision until 2020. Thats 7 years - it will mean nearly 2 generations of graduating classes will come out with a stunted education because of this.

IT'S FUCKING SHAMEFUL! No

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jesus Camp (2006 Film) OFTwify 11 247 28-07-2014 08:58 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  A Matter of Faith, a new Christian Persecution film by Answers in Genesis DemonicLemon 44 967 05-05-2014 09:56 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Who's the hottest person in film today? Hughsie 60 3,994 16-04-2014 10:36 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Richard Dawkins new film: THE UNBELIEVERS Deltabravo 0 179 15-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Deltabravo
  Drone - a yt short film Grassy Knoll 1 289 05-08-2013 10:05 AM
Last Post: ELK12695
  'Into The Wild' Film Discussion TheLogicalAthiest 9 784 06-03-2013 08:44 AM
Last Post: Likos02
  What is your favourite film of all time? Stefania 57 5,005 01-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: thelittleprince