Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
23-06-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(23-06-2013 04:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  The title of the movie pretty much gives away what its about. Focusing on who goes where. It's poking fun at the idea while kind of pushing the ideas at the same time... If that makes sense. (trying to talk about it without giving anything away is hard damnit. (I've always had a thing for Seth Rogan and Jay Baruchel anyway so a major plus.) Tongue

If you like stoner and sex joke Rogan style comedies you will want to see it.

I think I get it - heaven/hell crap? Meh, that's ok - I figured it was Pineapple Express meets Alien-Apocalypse of some kind. When in the mood, I actually like that whole snarky-boy banter. Tongue

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Iron Man 3

4 out of 5

Decent action flick. Kind of seems like the ending is just going to be steamrolled over when they make Avengers 2&3, btw RDJ just signed a new contract for those films but not for a new Iron Man film. Seems like Iron Man 4 won't be made until after the 3rd phase is over.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Moneyball.

What a fantastic movie. I thought it was a Tom Cruise movie so I've been putting off watching it considering my dislike for that cunt.
If I'd known it was a Brad Pitt movie I would have watched it ages ago.
Fantastic movie.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-06-2013, 10:39 AM
(23-06-2013 11:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Iron Man 3

4 out of 5

Decent action flick. Kind of seems like the ending is just going to be steamrolled over when they make Avengers 2&3, btw RDJ just signed a new contract for those films but not for a new Iron Man film. Seems like Iron Man 4 won't be made until after the 3rd phase is over.

Third phase? What phase are we in now? How many will there be? When is DC starting their phases?

Question, so many questions, no answers...

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-06-2013, 11:23 AM
(25-06-2013 10:39 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 11:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Iron Man 3

4 out of 5

Third phase? What phase are we in now? How many will there be? When is DC starting their phases?

Tongue

Phase 1 was Iron Man 1&2, Captain America, and Thor. Phase 2 began with The Avengers and will include Iron man 3 (already out), Captain America 2, Thor 2, and Will conclude with The Avengers 2. Phase 3 is a bit hazy yet as all the films haven't been announced but there will be a Hulk film (unless they move it up into phase 2) and probably sequels to both Captain America and Thor. The Avengers 3 will end phase 3.

As to DC they are in phase 1.7.9.3 as they basically scraped the old plan and now have Bryan Singer installed into the Joss Weedon role of overseer for their JLA projects. Superman Man of Steel is the first movie for the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-relaunch of the series.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Rain Man.

Overrated piece of shit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
25-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Goodfellas (1990)

5/5

I've seen it many times and it just keeps on getting better. It presents the gangster lifestyle during the 60s and 70s as being very glamorous. I've never stolen a thing in my life, but living such a life (at least back then) is very enticing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
26-06-2013, 10:08 AM
(25-06-2013 11:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 10:39 AM)Filox Wrote:  Third phase? What phase are we in now? How many will there be? When is DC starting their phases?

Tongue

Phase 1 was Iron Man 1&2, Captain America, and Thor. Phase 2 began with The Avengers and will include Iron man 3 (already out), Captain America 2, Thor 2, and Will conclude with The Avengers 2. Phase 3 is a bit hazy yet as all the films haven't been announced but there will be a Hulk film (unless they move it up into phase 2) and probably sequels to both Captain America and Thor. The Avengers 3 will end phase 3.

As to DC they are in phase 1.7.9.3 as they basically scraped the old plan and now have Bryan Singer installed into the Joss Weedon role of overseer for their JLA projects. Superman Man of Steel is the first movie for the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-relaunch of the series.
The next Hulk film will be in Phase Three I believe. And as for Iron Man, Marvel is going to eventually replace his leadership role in the Avengers with Doctor Strange, probably starting with or after Phase Three (RDJ is almost 50 now and probably can't do this much longer).

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
26-06-2013, 02:30 PM
The Avengers (2012)

2/5

I didn't like it when I first watched it in theaters. I thought I'd give it a second chance now that it's on Netflix. I still don't like it. It's entertaining like a summer blockbuster should be, but there are just too many things about the plot that gets on my nerves. This could have been so much better.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2013, 03:56 PM
(26-06-2013 10:08 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  (RDJ is almost 50 now and probably can't do this much longer).
Age really doesn't come into it in Hollywood.

Have you seen The Expendables?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.