Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
06-10-2013, 08:42 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
"Miracle" ('76 Hockey Team victory)
Very emotional and very good.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Lone ranger. Meh, OK I guess. Nothing special.

Man of Tai Chi. Better, but still... OK fights, good to watch. Nothing special.

Pacific rim. This one was fun to watch. Well made, good action. Robots kicking ass. Fun.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-10-2013, 04:35 PM
The Hobbit: An unexpected journey

1*

This was a blatant money grab. No skill at all was applied to this adaptation. Overproduced, lacking content, and above all stretched to the point of making a classic and time-honored tale boring. The additions were unnecessary for the most part and added little to nothing to the original tale. A good editing could have had this movie clock in at around 50 minutes without sacrificing any of the story but this bloated and long winded movie clocks in at just shy of 3 hours. I went into this expecting it to be bad and I was not disappointed there. LOTR's was a decent adaptation but this... this should never have left postproduction.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
14-10-2013, 04:53 PM
40 minutes of Elysium.

Mindless.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
15-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Watched an oldie the other night - The Thomas Crown Affair - staring Steve McQueen & Faye Dunaway. I remember enjoying it many years ago so I thought I'd give it another go.

I'd also seen the remake staring Pierce Brosnan & Rene Russo; similar movies involving a gentleman thief & female insurance investigator - but gracefully and thankfully, updated.
Very cat & mouse. The way too obvious "suggestive" chess scene was interesting but rife with preposterously clich├ęd, euphemistic imagery and the dialogue for the "man is in control" seemed dry and presumptuous at best.

But Steve McQueen was good and Faye Dunaway was sufficiently subservient.

I'd have to give it 6 of 10. It was fun while it lasted but, meh. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
15-10-2013, 09:39 AM

Prometheus

6/10 only because I love SF.

I was pissed when a character in the movie , and he is supposed to a scientist, says something like "Only if you gonna ignore 2000 years of darwinism "
"Darwinism" you prick?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
26-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Machete Kills

Great movie, better than the first.
Looking forward to the third!
I think they filmed them back-to-back!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
31-10-2013, 02:33 PM
It was Creepshow because I really feel it should be watched every October, as it's an absolutely perfectly done horror anthology. Even the cheesy stuff only works to add incredible depth to the horror itself. It's always been one of my favorites.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
10-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Ender's Game - never read the book (though it's been one of those on my tbr list forever) but I loved this movie. Heart

10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Elysium, complete disconnect from all characters, felt like they intentionally did it, Good guy was uninspiring, bad guys boring.
Was still a 7/10 worth watching for its SCIFI short story appeal.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".