Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
04-06-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
X-Men:Days of Future Past

7/10

If you liked X-Men: First Class and the first two Brian Singer X-Men movies, you'll enjoy this one as they basically retcon all of the other movies out of the timeline (so the botched Phoenix saga in X3 never happened).

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Shutter Island.

Dat ending... I thought it was fairly predictable once you got to around the middle it was getting pretty obvious BUT that very very ending, after everything when he says "I wonder, is it better to die as a good man or live as a monster", brilliant.
It's like, is he? isn't he? is he aware? does he want it to happen?
That line made the whole movie.

Plus Dicaprio is amazballz like always.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
08-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Edge of Tomorrow

Extremely entertaining and provided a lot of laughs to go along with the more serious tone of the movie. Good chemistry with the characters, well written, well directed. For me, it was the best parts of Groundhog Day meets the best parts of The Matrix.

I'd say a solid 7/10, it wasn't anything groundbreaking or particularly moving, but it was absolutely entertaining and worth seeing.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 1 user Likes Anudist's post
08-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Watched 'The King's Speech' this weekend. It was pretty good though not something I would bother to watch again. 7/10

Watched a documentary on Jamestown that was done by NatGeo that was pretty good.

Without homework to do I am combing through Netflix now.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-06-2014, 12:53 AM
(08-06-2014 10:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Without homework to do I am combing through Netflix now.

Just browsing Netflix? Consider

Sounds like someone needs a Mythbusters binge! Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
09-06-2014, 08:46 AM
I loved this great Italian film. Highly recommended.

Recently suffered loss of intelligence. Had little to begin with! I should not miss it.
09-06-2014, 11:45 AM
I watched Edge of tomorrow. Not bad, not bad at all, you get to see Mr. Fudge Packer die over and over and over again... Good action, good story, funny moments, worth to watch. 7/10

The Warrior - family drama, but definitely the best family drama around. Best fighting scenes I've seen, realistic as hell. Well, more or lees, you know how it is in these fighting movies. Still, better than all the rest. 9.5/10

Million dollar baby - Clint Eastwood's masterpiece. I would loved the alternative ending, this one was ... too strong. The movie made a huge impact on me at the end, devastated me. Smile My feelings aside, this is truly a masterpiece, I love Clint's movies. Also, him playing a lead character in the movie made it even more epic. Still, The Warrior is better. 9/10

The rest of the things I've seen is a bunch on animes, series and movies... But I mean A BUNCH.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Rush

5/5

If you are a fan of Racing this is a must see, back in the wildest days of F1 the (im)famous 1976 season as told from the viewpoint of the 2 leaders Niki Lauda and James Hunt. The racing scenes are incredibly well shot and the human story is equally gripping. The middle of the movie is a bit graphic and some of the hospital scenes are rough but overall just a fantastic story.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
09-06-2014, 11:50 AM
(09-06-2014 11:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Rush

5/5

If you are a fan of Racing this is a must see, back in the wildest days of F1 the (im)famous 1976 season as told from the viewpoint of the 2 leaders Niki Lauda and James Hunt. The racing scenes are incredibly well shot and the human story is equally gripping. The middle of the movie is a bit graphic and some of the hospital scenes are rough but overall just a fantastic story.

My gods, thank you for reminding me.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Just watched Chef yesterday.
Wow - very good - great story. This funny film has some real heart and is directed, co-produced, written by and stars Jon Favreau. Rest of the cast doesn't suck either: John Leguizamo, SofĂ­a Vergara, Oliver Platt, a sweet little boy EmJay Anthony often steals the show, and even Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, and Dustin Hoffman are on camera for several minutes.

This film loves food as much as the main characters and in fact, food is a main character here. All the food is beautifully shot, even a grilled cheese gets a splendid, lingering cinematic closeup. If you go to this film hungry, get ready to spend a few extra bucks after on a really fine meal... you'll crave it.

A damn yummy film. Thumbsup 9 out of 10

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jesus Camp (2006 Film) OFTwify 11 249 28-07-2014 08:58 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  A Matter of Faith, a new Christian Persecution film by Answers in Genesis DemonicLemon 44 977 05-05-2014 09:56 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Who's the hottest person in film today? Hughsie 60 4,025 16-04-2014 10:36 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Richard Dawkins new film: THE UNBELIEVERS Deltabravo 0 181 15-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Deltabravo
  Drone - a yt short film Grassy Knoll 1 289 05-08-2013 10:05 AM
Last Post: ELK12695
  'Into The Wild' Film Discussion TheLogicalAthiest 9 786 06-03-2013 08:44 AM
Last Post: Likos02
  What is your favourite film of all time? Stefania 57 5,008 01-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: thelittleprince