Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
05-07-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(05-07-2014 06:27 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 09:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It is a micheal bay movie so it gets a 1

Not every movie needs to be thought provoking and deep. There is a place for movies that are really just about kick ass effects and explosions.....mind you I am wary of the transformers movies. Tongue

Oh no this dude just does not do it right. You see I am 20% plot 99% explosions when it comes to movies and stuff, but you need to make it happen at the right moment.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] Capoeira status:NO CORD
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 01:08 PM
(01-07-2014 11:33 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(30-06-2014 12:44 PM)Sam Wrote:  Ah but there is another film, that one must also watch to truly understand...

OK, I have to, do you know any backstory to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? Do you know who Hunter S. Thompson is and that Fear and Loathing is partially based on a true story. Well, not just partially, dr. Gonzo and his lawyer actually did most of that shit. I recommend you watch a documentary Dr Gonzo, you will find it most interesting. Then there is another movie about the same duo, only this time it was the other actors. Where The Buffalo Roam.

Yeah I know that... Hunter S Thomson was Duke.

Withnail and I was too... It was directed by the writer, based on his time as an out of work actor in the late '60s.

Drinking lighter fluid to keep warm.

I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft,
We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping.
- Jim Morrison
Today, 05:43 PM
Jersey Boys

6/10

Though the music of the Four Seasons is a bit before my time, this was mostly an enjoyable movie. It looked nice on the screen - I think it was well done but the target audience may be more my parents' generation or real musicphiles. For me it started a little too slow and it wasn't till the last half that I was really engaged.

Normally this would have been Netflix watch for me but I thought I would check out the new theater in town. A morning showing made the price right.

Plus - really great new theater in our little town, I will definitely go there again - looking forward to one of their retro nights.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
Today, 06:38 PM
saw the new transformers movie friday night, 8/10, Story was well....its a transformer movie, visual treat for 2.7 hours while munching on food and beer Drooling

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens