Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
In Bruges

It was recommended to me by a friend. I'm not typically a fan of Colin Farrel but I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It was funny, and made me want to go to bruges. The only thing I didn't like (other than the fact that there is no real resolution) was the music in the beginning of the movie. For the first fifteen minutes or so the music doesn't fit. And it's bad.
Juno had bad music, but it fit.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
04-01-2012, 02:17 AM
This is playing in the background...

Get some. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
04-01-2012, 10:01 PM
[Image: MV5BNTc1NjMzODU1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjAw...4,317_.jpg]

My fave Star Trek movie out of all of them........I might be biased though because it was the "Next Generation" that got me into it.

8.5/10

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Albert Nobbs with Glen Close playing Albert.

Set in the early 20th century this film, despite its incongruity, looks at class and gender issues, along with seemingly absurd naivette, and is quite moving 4/5 Blush
07-01-2012, 03:33 AM
The Wrath of Khan. Damn, what a good film.

My Blog
07-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Saw the Hollywood "Girl With A Dragon Tattoo", definitely did not like it as much as the Swedish version. I'd probably give it 3.5/5.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
- Christopher Hitchens
[+] 1 user Likes kylestyle's post
07-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
8/10
I don't typically see many movies in a year but 2011 was an exception (counting 8 off the top of my head whereas I usually see ~2). The last two movies I saw (this and Tintin) were my favourite movies of the year, without a doubt.
07-01-2012, 09:00 PM
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. 6/10. Better than the Swedish version, but both changed the dramatic crash of Martin from the book. Too long, a lot of wasted scenes, and things which were not followed up on. Have to read the book to "get it". Sex scenes were stupid. Can't wait for "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Though I like those action end time movies this one was pretty much dissappointing.
The beginning is interesting. They show you the lifes of some people. A scientist, a writer, the president of USA, a rich russian. Somehow the stories of all meet. It is nicely thought out that way.
But the movie is a bit over 2 hours long and 1.5 of that is pure action. I mentioned I do like action movies but this was just overkill. It was so continuously, I felt overwhelmed. The earth breaking apart, big craters, stuff exploding and falling, and noise and music and people screaming and running, and stupid officials all over.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
If you like John cusack then you should watch the much better movie Identity. 2012 was really bad. But not bad enough to be good.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison